The Service Delivery Managers (SDM) are responsible for all analysis and planning of any changes and any issues that impact a business client. They are responsible for documenting the issues in financial or customer impact terms, brainstorming with the technology teams to develop solutions to the problems and gathering the required approvals and funding for implementation. The SDM will be called upon to provide health of an account to executive committees on a regular basis. They will provide subject matter expertise on the operation model, business practices, KPIs, and system architecture to the partners in pre-sales environment to help secure these accounts. These meetings are often held with C level employees of companies generating significant revenue. This role is responsible for end-to-end support of medium to large accounts. To be successful in this role, the SDM must be savvy with IT Operations. The role requires the translation of system logics into a customer experience impact to drive solutions and set expectations of clients. The SDM may be required to lead product training sessions and workflow troubleshooting sessions with business clients.
- 2 to 5 years of work experience with at least:
- 1+ year experience leading cross-functional teams in the implementation of services, products, projects, or process improvement OR 3+ years operations experience supporting systems, networks, and/or accounts
- Experience in developing and driving adherence to KPI's and/or Service levels.
- Proficiency in analyzing, developing and implementing service health KPIs
- Strong interpersonal skills with highly developed organizational skills
- Ability to communicate and build strong relationships across many lines of business at all levels internally and externally with demonstrated presentation skills and experience
- 2+ years management experience (preferably in an operations, IT service management, or Service Delivery role)
- 1+ years telecommunications industry experience with a wireless communications provider
- Understanding of Unified Communications systems and operations, including client, transport/network, and core system administration
- Proficiency in analyzing, developing and implementing financial analysis related to business operations, SLAs, and resource planning.
Develop, improve, and manage delivery processes and procedures that aid in implementation, consumption, and operational support of T-Mobile subscribed services
- Establish delivery processes and support models with minimal cost to serve and with cost-effective systems
- Establish commercial service level agreements for T-Mobile products and services consumed by business customers / enterprise clients.
- Define Support Models for internal and external teams (vendors, partners, customers) that ensure service delivery of contractual SLAs
- Establish Operational Level Agreements with internal teams that support commercial SLAs
- Solve complex, multi-faceted problems facing day-to-day operations
- Establish, evaluate, and report KPIs related to service delivery of T-Mobile solutions and for individual client accounts.
Work with necessary T-Mobile Business-Development entities to ensure operational feasibility of service descriptions and contractual service agreements, and to manage risk related to service delivery terms.
- Actively participate in setting contractual terms definitions for Customer support and invoicing
- Serve as SME for the Legal and Business teams in terms of capabilities of the operational support model
- Invest in the reduction of risk to T-Mobile and contractual parties
- Contribute to departmental strategy and the development of the roadmap; represent needs at leadership meetings
Build T-Mobile cross-functional partnerships that are invested in support model vision.
- Promote and lead support model with internal teams
- Supervise service-performance delivered from supporting departments and oversee teams to manage the delivery of contracted services.
- Champion the resolution of day-to-day operational issues across the teams and ensure cross-functional execution of operational tasks related to contractual service objectives
- Facilitate creation of documentation, job aids, test plans, and other instructional collateral that are required to enable processes across cross-functional workgroups
- Ensure that operations pain points are clearly articulated, and detailed customer experience scenario/use cases have been documented to right fit the solutions to be implemented.
- Lead Operations trade off decisions.
- Ensure that corresponding risks have been identified and evaluated, and ensure solutions are properly selected and implemented.
- Partner with the Business Development and Product Development teams to ensure e smooth on-boarding of client
- Execute escalation protocols when necessary to elevate focus on high priority issues
Monitor, report, present, and manage operational performance as it relates to service delivery objectives and customer expectations
- Develop Key Performance indicators for specific client accounts to proactively identify issues.
- Partner with the Product development team to identify service or performance gaps contributing to poor performance and/or to improve performance of the relationship
- Presents executive summaries of account health to Senior level leaders within the client's corporate environment
- Present the Operations support model to clients in pre-sales meetings with client's C-level executives
- Lead troubleshooting endeavors and workflow mapping with clients to improve service delivery performance KPIs
- Facilitate the delivery of IT Service Management processes, like conference bridges for major incident management, and known issues related to release management
- Facilitate anecdotal business validation testing with internal teams for when delivering incident resolutions
- Provide post-incident Root Cause Analysis for high priority incidents
Groom support and service delivery processes and protocols in pursuit of improvement opportunities
- Facilitate delivery of training material for customers
- Develop testing and other validation steps at onboarding to ensure smooth transition of support from project to operation.