Senior Supply Chain Manager; Inbound Transportation
Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) is building systems and capabilities to ensure that we deliver our customers’ freight, no matter how large or small, as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, we are continually striving to innovate and provide best-in-class service levels while meeting our cost management and business goals.
We are looking for a financially-focused, dynamic, self-starting Senior Manager of Supply Chain to elevate our Inbound Transportation cost management by optimizing the programs, support, and service offerings provided to shippers and internal stakeholders. This role will own the strategy and execution of the cost management roadmap on a global level. An ideal candidate is one who has passion to deliver innovative solutions and build a high-performance team.
- Create a strategic roadmap for continuous improvement, quality processes, and reporting and metrics that support the total cost management program; enable streamlining to achieve operational excellence, benchmarking, and development and tracking of cost management key performance metrics and lessons learned
- Development of the overall program strategy, tactically driving your team as well as teams outside of your organization to deliver
- Work autonomously in an ambiguous environment, seeking to understand business problems, automation limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions and reasons behind leadership decisions
- Partner with teams across the business you support and beyond to source, allocate, and coordinate resources
- Partner with customers, internal/external teams, and engineering teams to determine what projects move forward and in what priority order
- Oversee gaps between teams, processes and systems, helping teams reduce exposure to classic failure modes (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood or documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from third-party solutions, security not considered, insufficient stakeholder review, etc.)
- Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks (before they become roadblocks)
- Work with program managers, business leaders and executive team to communicate and impact critical business initiatives
- Engage other Amazon business units globally to share best practices and improve end to end outcomes for Amazon customers
- Create, communicate, and manage budget for projects
· Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or a supply chain/operations discipline or equivalent experience
· 10+ years of experience in supply chain, logistics, program management or finance
· 10+ years of experience managing cross-functional projects and programs with tight deadlines
· MBA or Master’s degree
· Proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
· Strong verbal and written communication skills – experience managing teams and engaging with senior leadership
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.