Senior SDE, AWS AI
Interested in Machine Learning and AI? Our team's mission is to make machine learning easy, stronger, and universal in the world of Natural Language and Speech. We developed thriving ML services such as Comprehend, Kendra, Lex and Transcribe. We continuously work on adding new services to our portfolio, which address real world problems through research and innovation. We build state-of-the-art services using the latest deep learning techniques and highly scalable distributed systems engineering.
As a SDE, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and deploying distributed machine learning systems and large-scale solutions for our world-wide customer base. In this, you will collaborate closely with a team of ML scientists to influence our overall strategy and define the team’s road map. You will also drive the system architecture, spearhead best practices that enable a quality product, and help coach and develop junior engineers. A successful candidate will have an established background in engineering large scale software systems, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
Some of the problems we are working on includes:
- Optimally run large model inference (models with 10's of billions of parameters).
- Innovating solutions to split models across multiple-GPUs and nodes.
- Manage and monitor a large-scale multi-tenant model hosting infrastructure.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Collaborate with internal engineering teams, leading technology companies around the world and open source community - PyTorch, NVIDIA/GPU
- Create innovative products, and see them launched in high volume production
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
· 7+ years of professional software development experience
· 5+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 4+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
· Masters or PhD in Computer Science
· 2+ years of Machine Learning experience
· Specialization in any one of - machine learning, NLP, deep learning or related fields.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.