We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Bellevue, WA transportation group is seeking a Senior Transportation Engineer/Project
Manager to lead engineering teams on projects and serve as quality control
for both design calculations and plan development. They may be responsible for overseeing/preparing
designs and ensuring the development and delivery of successful transportation projects
such as bridges, highway interchanges, roadway reconstruction, transit facilities,
railroad infrastructure and public spaces.
The Senior Transportation Engineer/Project
Manager will be responsible for managing the scope and integration of
subcontractors and employees. It is expected that the Senior Transportation Project
Manager supports business development and the delivery of proposals. Plans,
design, and direct transportation engineering projects. Provides resources and
schedules in response to specified completion dates and technical applications.
Prepares proposals and cost estimates and evaluates all project progress and
recommends changes, if needed, in final procedures.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manages multiple projects and participates in corporate initiativesto assist in meeting the company's goals.
- Determines, monitors and reviews costs,operational budgets, schedules and staffing requirements for project teamsusing PM dashboard access
- Performs on technically complex projects and acts as a technicalresource by providing guidance to other team members
- Stays up to date on regulatory changes and may establish workingrelationships with regulatory officials
- Responsible for the review and sealing of projects
- Leads the preparation and coordination of the projectspecifications with construction documents
- Manages client relationships and brings in new clients
- Liaises with clients, agencies and others to obtain and determineproject requirements and approvals
- May write and negotiate proposals as project issues arise withclients or reviewing agencies
- Supervises the work of other engineers
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Efficient project management of multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to lead one or more teams through all phases ofproject delivery
- Strong verbal and written communication skillsas well as interpersonal/relational skills
- Thorough understanding of codes, legal and designrequirements in relevant jurisdictions
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy andcompleteness and manages time to meet project budget and schedule
- Understands client expectations, budgeting, proposal writing,invoicing and collecting accounts receivable
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project teamsetting, engage in creative and critical thought, and effectively communicateideas, design issues and solutions to others
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science
(MS) degree in Civil Engineering or related field desirable.
Minimum 10 years' experience in transportation (bridge,
roadway, or transit) design and project management
Professional Engineer (PE) registration in the state of
Typical office environment working with computers at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Bellevue
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190003C6