Sr. Program Manager, Alexa Lean & Fast
Are you passionate about innovative technologies and the complexities of artificial intelligence speech? Wonder how Alexa works from end-to-end? The Alexa International Team is looking for a Senior Program manager to help Alexa’s global process acceleration and scaling. You will lead the effort to discover, document, identify all key processes along with interdependencies across many key Alexa components (e.g. Alexa AI, Speech etc.,) that directly add value to international expansion. You will work with all the dependent teams to technically innovate and eliminate process inefficiencies, while bringing best practices to help standardize processes. You are someone who likes to dive into details, simplify processes and drive efficiencies across technical teams. If you have a strong process improvement, lean and/or six sigma background in process design, product development and driving change across inter-disciplinary dependencies within an organization, this role is for you.
Key job responsibilities
Key responsibilities include:
Process/Discipline expert: You are the process leader who applies, lean/six sigma problem solving skills while understanding every input, output and dependencies for Alexa process areas that fall into your areas of responsibility, including documenting, value stream mapping and identifying and defining baseline measurements and targets.
Driving change: Deconstructing processes and metrics, conducting workshops, identify and drive alignment on areas of opportunity and lead the development and implementation of new processes with the right teams
Product innovation: Deep dive into systems and data, and create and influence process design and architecture to build product at scale across multiple areas of Alexa at the same time by interacting with developers, scientists, and product managers across different teams.
Program management: Manage a portfolio of improvement projects, including auditing of implemented projects to ensure that process improvements are sustained and benefits are realized and reported.
A day in the life
This role sits in the center of Alexa Everywhere organization, which provides the ability to influence the end-to-end Alexa process in service of acceleration and scaling. This is ideal for a candidate who indexes heavily on learn and be curious and deliver results and has significant six sigma/lean process excellence background, and track record of influencing and driving process changes with cross functional teams.
· 5+ years of experience in program or project management
· Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
· Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
· Bachelor's degree or higher in Operations, Engineering, Computer science or equivalent
· Six Sigma Black Belt or equivalent certification
· 5+ years of professional experience in process improvement, product and/or program management
· 5+ years of experience with technical process analysis and driving process excellence programs
· MBA or Master’s degree
· Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally with technology and project management team
· Strong record of challenging status quo and making courageous recommendations which drive significant organization change
· Experience driving large scale process improvement and operational excellence programs and metrics, to identify areas of opportunity and lead the development and implementation of new processes.
· Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Excellent written and oral presentation skills, with a demonstrated ability to drive change through the use of fact and data
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive action
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.