Sr. Product Manager - Tech, Maps
Amazon Logistics is building technology to power a Last Mile delivery network that will deliver packages to hundreds of millions of customers around the world. Geospatial data (e.g., road network; addresses and locations; places and points of interest) is a foundational input to last mile systems for planning safe, efficient routes and for guiding drivers to delivery/pickup points. Our vision is to vend geospatial data that is authoritative, complete, rich, and up-to-date to enable every driver – independent of tenure and affinity - to succeed at their delivery/pickup task. This includes two high level products: Places which models areas of interest for customers (including: addresses, points-of-interest, apartment buildings/campuses) where customers may receive/ship packages; and Maps which includes road network topology and attributes, traffic and visual cuing information such as satellite imagery, building outlines and display tiles. Together these systems help us get better at determining the locations that we go to deliver packages, figure out how to get to those locations and to estimate the effort of delivery for planning.
We are seeking an outstanding Sr. Product Manager to raise the bar for our Maps product. Challenges will range from raising the bar on CX for our drivers by coming up with innovative ways to improve their interaction with maps, developing products our internal operators use to edit our map, partnering with Science teams to learn from past delivery data, leveraging third party data and technologies to update Maps, and enabling ways for our Amazon customers to directly influence our internal Map.
You will enable Amazon Logistics drivers be successful and efficient in this role. You will help increase their productivity and quality through your products and, ultimately, ensure we provide our drivers with a hassle-free delivery route that they love. You will play a critical role in influencing our long-term technical and business strategy, working closely with senior executives. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, operations, finance and executive teams to set strategy, launch features, drive adoption, and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon.
Key responsibilities include:
· Define creative, high quality, and clear product roadmaps based on data, customer-needs, team strategy and vision
· Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
· Create buy-in for your product vision both internally and across key partners
· Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
· Develop Business Requirements, review Tech Designs, and participate in the day-to-day decision-making activities of your product team.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
· Experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
· Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
· Master's degree in engineering, business, economics, mathematics, computer science or MBA from a top business school.
· 5+ years of experience in product management that includes building and launching technology-based products.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
· Bias for action and willingness to take risks.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing machine learning concepts, schedule trade-offs and new opportunities with technical team members.
· Strong ability to manage multiple complex projects and competing priorities in an ever changing environment.
· Ability to influence scoping, resourcing, feature prioritization across teams outside his/her own organization.
· Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success.