Sr. Product Manager – Tech
Be a part of the AWS Directed Work team and build systems that enable AWS to rapidly grow and continue to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing, and have direct and immediate impact on the hundreds of thousands developers and businesses around the world who use AWS every day.
Directed Work systems are at the heart of ensuring that we can provide our customers with the right computing services, in the right region, at the right time! The AWS Directed Work team is responsible for building the systems that automate and orchestrate the physical work processes that occur inside all of AWS’ global datacenters. Our talented team of datacenter engineers depend on our systems to perform their work safely, securely, efficiently, and free of defects, resultant in finished products being ready for AWS customer-facing utilization. Our team is responsible for billions of dollars in capital and the ultimate success of our core cloud infrastructure business.
As AWS launches new offerings to our datacenters, the AWS Directed Work team is looking for a Sr. Product Manager who will help create these new product experiences for our customers. As the Sr. Product Manager, you will frequently work directly with your customers and partners to understand their needs from both a business and technical perspective. You will be working with a team of product managers and software engineers to build, test, launch, measure, and iterate on the user experience that drives the directed work user experience within AWS global data center operation.
As a Sr. Product Manager you are expected to excel when faced with ambiguity. You will have high judgement and understand which opportunities drive the most strategic value for the business. You will not be limited by the present and will constantly look ahead to the future. Successful candidates will enjoy working in a collaborative, analytical, and fast-paced environment and are comfortable interacting with highly technical cross-functional teams. Candidates must have excellent analytical capabilities, be comfortable diving deep into data, and have strong writing skills and executive presence. Candidates must have a track record of understanding customer needs and delivering technology solutions to address those needs. This is a highly visible position that will interact at all levels of the AWS Infrastructure business.
· 6+ years of Experience in category or product management
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, design or related field; or equivalent work experience.
· Experience using data and metrics to develop business cases
· Experience managing and executing projects from start to finish, including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving, and communicating recommendations
· MBA or equivalent degree
· Experience with business systems (workforce management, scheduling, workflow systems, performance management, etc)
· Experience leading initiatives with cross-functional stakeholders (design, engineering, usability, content development)
· Ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us