Sr. Product Manager
Who are we?
It’s no secret that Amazon relies on its technology to deliver millions of packages every day to its customers – on time, with low cost. We, the Amazon Transportation Services organization, build the complex software solutions that work across our vendors, warehouses and carriers to optimize both time & cost of getting the packages delivered. Our products and services already handle thousands of requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers worldwide, manage business rules for millions of unique products, and improve ordering and delivery experience for millions of online shoppers. We are a fast growing business and our journey has only started. Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal transportation system on the planet.
What will you do?
As a Sr. Product Manager – Tech, you will own and develop product features and services in collaboration with internal technical, business, and operations teams. This role is focused on specific segments within Amazon Transportation Systems, responsible for identifying and building capabilities that improve the quality of our network and lead to gains in efficiency, speed, and cost.
The ideal candidate has a strong logistics/supply chain and product management background combined with a solid understanding of current technologies (e.g., APIs, mobile apps). S/he can develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives but also roll up their sleeves, dig in and get the job done. Maturity, strong business judgment, ability to influence cross-functional and remote teams, a customer-centric and creative mindset and strong analytical skills are essential. This opportunity requires excellent product management, prioritization, and communication skills, as well as the ability to navigate ambiguity.
The role’s key responsibilities will include:
· Defining a data-driven product vision, developing business cases and requirements, and prioritizing competing opportunities.
· Working directly with engineering to build exceptional products.
· Partnering with other teams across Transportation to identify and influence development of new products and services
· Understanding customer (internal and external) needs, defining clear project plans and executing to high expectations in a fast-paced environment.
· Interacting with stakeholders at multiple levels and in multiple locations, and working with business, operations, tech and BI teams to define and deliver solutions.
· Anticipating bottlenecks, providing escalation management, anticipating and making tradeoffs, and balancing business needs versus technical or operational constraints.
· Collaborating with global stakeholders in other regions to define requirements that support international use cases.
· Defining user stories and product requirements; while contributing to the technical design of new product features.
· Up to 10% travel
· Bachelor’s degree (technical major preferred).
· 5+ years of relevant experience in technology or product management.
· Experience delivering software features and applications.
· MBA or Advanced Technical Degree.
· Experience delivering software using an agile development process.
· Outstanding interpersonal skills - decisive, action-oriented, and able to motivate and inspire others.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Strong analytic approach and bias for data-based judgment. Experience leveraging customer insights to drive product decisions.
· Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities.
· Strong track record of delivering technical products and services at a global scale.
· Demonstrated ability and willingness to operate autonomously, roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done; general manager / owner mentality.
· Experience working with remote delivery teams.
· Proven track record of influencing global stakeholders and gaining alignment on product vision
· Ability to navigate ambiguity.