Sr Manager Product Manager-Technical WW ReCommerce
As the Head of ReCommerce Recovery Product Management, you will be a key leader within the WW ReCommerce organization. This Product team provides the tools to handle the disposition of returned and overstock items to maximize reuse and recovery and in doing so achieve our “4 Zeros”: Zero cost of returns, Zero defects, Zero product Waste, and Zero carbon emissions, benefiting people, planet, and profit.
This role supports the 4 Zeros vision through a product portfolio consisting of tools and systems which (a) accurately evaluates, grades, and repairs customer-returned and warehouse-damaged products; (b) ensures a high-quality CX for new and used items; (c) maximizes the Total Net Recovery (TNR) on these items; and (d) sends zero product waste to landfill. Customer returns and overstock product are channeled through the Recovery “funnel”. Recovery services are offered to products sold by amazon.com and to Amazon’s Selling partners in the US and EU. In addition, thousands of Associates worldwide use our evaluation tools. We are part of Amazon’s Returns, ReCommerce, and ATS Sustainability group.
The right candidate will possess a strong Product Management background (preferably in Reverse Logistics), and passionately advocate for providing quality (accurately grading products into the right condition), efficiency, and sustainability. This role will be based in Seattle and work with Technology teams located in Seattle, San Francisco, and Hyderabad.
Our environment is fast-paced, and requires someone who is flexible, detail-oriented, data-driven and analytical, and comfortable collaborating with multiple worldwide stakeholders, including: reverse logistics field operations; technology teams; business program and product management; and senior leaders across Amazon WW. This role requires a person who can develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives but also roll up their sleeves, dig in, and get the job done.
What You'll Do:
· Lead a team of Product and Program Managers responsible for gather requirements and designing systems and tools to reduce the total cost of returns, and improve the customer experience, and support the 4 Zeros
· Design and drive new technologies and tools which will transform Reverse Logistics and the way products are evaluated for item condition and functionality
· Lead and coordinate efforts cross-functionally with business teams, software, development engineers, operations and other product managers, UX designers, external partners, and front-line associates to guarantee a smooth and efficient delivery of new processes and technologies
· Work alongside and build trust with a diverse array of global stakeholders across Amazon
· Build trust with Operations and business program leaders to gather, build and execute their requirements in partnership with technology teams to improve our worldwide grading platform to enable the disposition of millions of unique products
· Manage key performance indicators for both US and Worldwide related to Product Evaluation, Grading and External Repair Vendor Management
What You’re Known For:
· Motivating and leading a team of direct reports through building trust and delivering on commitments
· Translating customer and business needs into product requirements
· Taking end-to-end ownership and driving results
· Managing multiple projects - work prioritization, planning, task delegation and coordination across teams
· Thriving in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities
· Successfully influencing multiple stakeholders and leading cross-functional teams
· Empathy for and experience working with front-line associates
· Using data and metrics to back up assumptions and drive recommendations and actions
· Strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
· Bachelor's degree in area with analytical bias or related
· Proficiency in Excel and superior data analysis
· 5+ years of Product Management experience
· 5+ years of people management
· Superior written and oral communication skills
· Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
· Strong customer focus and obsession
· Ability to inspire and develop team members
· Ability to work with technical teams
· Knowledge of Reverse Logistics and Operations
· Ability to use data and metrics to back up recommendations
· Ability to think both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
· MBA or masters in related subject matter
· Experience in creating and executing marketing in international locations
· Ability to think beyond what is possible now to what could be possible