Personal Trainer - Healthy Living III
Our Commitment to Equity
The Y actively promotes a culture free from bias and injustice. We are dedicated to removing institutional and systemic barriers that result in oppression and racism. We will be accountable to marginalized communities for creating equitable and sustainable environments where social justice is woven into every facet of our programs, and by caring for our communities in a culturally versatile and respectful manner.
Provides specialized individual or small group training. Instructs individual or group wellness, fitness, trainings and/or related classes. Acts as a liaison and advocate for YMCA. Understands the Health Seeker target market and provides motivational coaching to members participating in ongoing YMCA programs.
Preference for candidates with flexible hours with evening and/ or weekend availability.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is committed to providing a positive atmosphere that prioritizes safety and inclusivity for all employees. The YMCA of Greater Seattle has implemented safety standards and protocols related to preventative health measures based on CDC and local health department guidelines.
As of March 12, 2022 COVID Vaccinations Requirements: Highly Recommended, Not Required.
*Certain programs may require proof of vaccination, in compliance with local state and federal guidelines. If applicable will be assigned within onboarding.
- Plans and instructs classes or programs in a specialty area. Observes and discusses individual progress with participants.
- Develops positive relationships with participants and facilitates relationship building among participants and members. Provides motivational support and guidance.
- Increases participant awareness of all healthy lifestyle factors.
- Encourages member and parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Attends staff meetings and approved trainings as required.
- Sets up and takes down class equipment. Reports equipment problems.
- Ensures safe and effective classes. Responds to, and reports, accidents and incidents.
- Conveys basic knowledge of all Y Total Health/Activate America programs.
- Tracks, monitors, evaluates and transitions assigned Total Health participants providing motivational support and counseling. Accurately maintains related records.
- Leads ongoing YMCA Total Health classes or programs in a specialized area.
- Current state approved first aid certification.*
- Current state approved CPR certification.
- High school education or equivalent preferred. Other applicable education, training, and experience, which provide the knowledge, abilities, and skills necessary to perform effectively in the position will be considered.
- Two or more years experience teaching or practicing in specialized area.
- Total Service/Total Health Training**
- Ability to lead a class or provide individual service.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Ability to motivate and educate members.
- Ability to set up, move and store equipment.
- Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
- Personal Trainer : Nationally recognized certification such as YMCA Fitness Specialist Trainer, YMCA Fitness Testing and Assessment Specialist Trainer, ACSM, ACE, NSCA.
* Within thirty days of employment.
** Within 60 days of employment.
At the Seattle Y, we are an inclusive organization of people with a shared commitment to nurture the potential of youth, promote healthy living, and foster social responsibility. We also believe in supporting the wellbeing of our employees and offer a free Y membership as a benefit of employment.
Become a leader on our team at the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a continuous learning environment and career opportunities.
Expected Hours of Work: Branch operational hours that may include mornings, evenings, and weekends.
“YGS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and equitable work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on the results of a background check and (on applicable jobs) drug screening, including screening for marijuana. We participate in the Federal E-Verify system.
If you need assistance of any kind with the application process, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or the HR department at 206.382.5082.”
Trainer, Demonstrator, Coach, Physical education instructor
Building a community where all people, especially the young, are encouraged to develop their fullest potential in spirit, mind, and body.
- Passion for Excellence
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.