Smartsheet is looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to drive marketing in support of our Sydney team. The successful candidate will be an experienced cross-functional marketer, capable of amplifying existing HQ marketing programs and developing custom programs in support of the Sydney team. This position requires the ability to remain flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient while maintaining a high level of work output at all times. This essential role is based in Sydney, Australia, and reports to the Vice President of Brand and Strategy in our Bellevue, Washington, USA headquarters.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Marketing planning - build strong relationships with HQ marketing teams to understand, amplify, and potentially customize existing marketing motions.
- Campaign planning & execution - build and execute AU- specific campaigns to create local market demand for Smartsheet.
- Partner with local sales enablement to ensure sales teams are able to deliver the Smartsheet value proposition, effectively deliver messaging and use marketing tools to apply Smartsheet messaging in their day-to-day interaction with customers.
- Customer engagement - Collaborate with sales, customer success and product teams to execute face-to-face events focused on building customer engagement. This will include User Groups, Executive meetings, and other field events
- Customer voice - partner with sales team to focus on building local market customer evidence stories that can be shared across multiple marketing channels.
- Communications planning - work with the HQ Marketing Automation team to focus on how we digitally communicate with our customers, including foreign languages, and build out nurturing campaigns by audience.
- Partner with the office manager to ensure on-brand sourcing and delivery of company branded merchandise
- Be a Smartsheet cultural ambassador by recognizing and developing the culture of the Sydney office while continuing to champion the core Smartsheet values
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating strong marketing communication, program management, and leadership skills.
- SaaS or cloud software marketing experience strongly preferred.
- Understanding of implementing brand strategy and communication in a complex, fast moving environment.
- Balance of strategic, process-level thinking with a detail-oriented approach to project completion.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive completion toward milestones.
- Extensive cross-functional collaboration experience and the ability to influence at all levels of the company.
- Positive experiences and proven results working with external creative, editorial, and production resources.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- International travel is required (USA and other supported countries)
- Demonstrated ability to have fun and build out a strong team environment
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.