Manager, Software Development
Are you ready to join the un-carrier movement? Do you enjoy working on products with direct customer impact? Are you looking for a team of high performers to help expand your skills and experience? Can you bring Un-carrier to everything you do?—you think outside of the box and aren't afraid to break the rules.
T-Mobile's location software development team develops a wide variety of technologies that support all regulatory services. We work on diverse areas including authentication & access, services, security, user interface, data persistence & analytics, tools & automation, etc.
As a Software Development Manager, you provide technical leadership to major projects and manage a team of software developers and product owners You manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy, help develop your team and oversee the deployment of large-scale projects across multiple sites.
We encourage innovation and expect high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle.
- Proven experience building, leading, mentoring and managing both full time employees and contingent workers
- Proven ability to apply expert level experience to perform checks of team deliverables and solution design for quality, consistency, potential impacts to other processes and systems, and proper use of development principles
- Advanced understanding and demonstrates application of best practice principles
- Good understanding of software development life-cycle methodology
- Excellent written and communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management in groups and one-on-one
- Proven experience with identifying and resolving development impacting issues, working with members of project management team and business SME's/executives to drive to solutions within defined processes
- Proven ability to plan large efforts in small bundles and short sprints maintaining continuous delivery and cumulative value for the business
- Able to build and leverage strong relationships with both internal and external partners
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous, self-directed environment required
- Experience in working with interfacing technologies and their responsible teams, to efficiently resolve interconnection issues in production and non-production environments.
- Understanding of Wireless network engineering principles, concepts, and practices and its relation to network design & performance.
- Minimum 7 years' experience developing large scale business systems applications.
- Management/leadership of developer resources 3-6 years, including leadership, planning, and coordination of development work for 4 large projects.
- Minimum 3 years' experience supporting development and day to day operations of large scale application(s) a definite plus.
- A four year degree in Business, MIS, Computer Science or equivalent work experience