Live Narrative Director
Bungie is looking for a seasoned Narrative Director to help us tell the ongoing Destiny story.
As a Narrative Director, you will direct the storytelling efforts for regular, small-scale Destiny releases throughout the calendar year. Our ideal candidate has a deep understanding of interactive storytelling with strong organizational and leadership skills as well as an ability to work with external partners. A proven record of prioritizing resources against creative goals in a fast-paced release environment is a must.
You will work closely with the Game Director and Project Leads to define the high-level story vision and ensure alignment of the various Narrative Department teams responsible for implementing that vision across various narrative channels. With a focus on cross-departmental collaboration, this is a wonderful opportunity to work with and direct a talented team of storytellers while delivering compelling narratives in the Destiny universe.
- Collaborate with the Game Director to establish narrative goals for a given release
- Develop and communicate a story vision that supports the Release Pillars through structure, character, and theme
- Work with project leadership teams to define narrative strategy and set priorities for each release
- Coordinate with Narrative Discipline Leads to ensure the content meets pre-established franchise narrative goals and supports the Release Pillars
- Rapidly iterate on small-scale projects on a condensed timeline and ensure successful completion
- Coordinate, communicate, and collaborate with external partners
- Ensure narrative scope and schedules align with the production plan and are achievable
- Work alongside Art, Creative, and Design Directors to establish and maintain healthy collaborative processes
- Provide and encourage clear communication to the development team
- Promote excellence in storytelling craft through feedback and direction
- Identify opportunities to innovate and expand upon narrative channels
- Convey the story vision for a given release to both internal and external partners
- Promote an inspiring, creative, and enjoyable work environment
- 5+ years game industry experience in a creative leadership role on AAA games or MMOs
- Bachelor's degree in narrative field or equivalent experience
- Experience orchestrating high quality, ongoing narrative content across multiple story channels
- Ability to convey a strong narrative vision
- Excellent communication, team-building, and proven leadership skills
- Understanding of game production, design tools, and systems
- Background in writing and a passion for storytelling in non-gaming media