WHO WE ARE
T&C is a family-owned company that builds authentic relationships one interaction at a time through consistent commitment to heartfelt service, relating to people as people (not numbers) and by selling the freshest, highest-quality products available. We have a deep passion for food and people and are always looking for service-minded individuals to join our community.
WHO YOU ARE
You are genuine and authentic in your interactions both with your customers and co-workers. You thrive in a team environment, take your responsibilities seriously, and always consider the customer in your decisions. You care about your community and the environment. Pursuing knowledge in order to add value and grow is your idea of fun. Oh and you love food!
WHAT WE OFFER (IN ADDITION TO BEING A FUN PLACE TO WORK)
We have a highly competitive benefits package ($5-$19 weekly medical premiums), vacation/sick time, paid holidays, premium pay rates, an Employee Assistance Program, a discount on virtually everything in our markets, 401(k) plans, profit-sharing and a pension, scholarship program and an employee referral bonus program.
Whoa! That's a lot of great stuff!
THE SMALL PRINT WE WANT YOU TO BE AWARE OF
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug-free workplace. All final applicants for employment with T&C will be required to successfully pass a drug screening before they are eligible for employment. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
A TYPICAL DAY AS A GENERAL CLERK WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
- Providing excellent customer service no matter what hat you are wearing! You will support multiple departments like Grocery, Deli, Bulk Foods, Produce and the Front End (Checking & Courtesy Clerking).
- Ensuring that products are fresh, rotated and well stocked. And if cashiering, that your till is accurate.
- Operating a variety of equipment like pallet jacks, cash registers and cool gadgets.
- Maintaining whatever department you are working in so that it is clean, enticing and safe.
- Supporting and following all safety and security policies and sustainability programs.
- Demonstrating an attitude of service to co-workers by lending a hand and working cohesively.
- Operating within the Company's Core Values and Company Brand (don't worry, we'll tell you all about this).
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF . . .
- You thrive when every day is different and you enjoy switching tasks frequently.
- You have an insatiable appetite for providing outstanding customer service with a patient, level-headed, cool-under-pressure, positive attitude.
- You have enthusiasm for food, love being a part of a busy team, and know when to ask for help.
- You are motivated to take on new challenges, can roll with the punches, and are great at building relationships with a diverse group of people.
- You show up committed to work hard and with the self-discipline to carry out department tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- You communicate clearly, you listen attentively and you are comfortable asking questions in order to determine the best solution.
- You are flexible to work mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays. After all this is retail and we are open every day except for Christmas Day.
- You are at least 18 years old and have the physical ability to lift and carry 50lbs (bags of rice & cheese are heavy), excellent manual dexterity and can bend, stoop, twist, reach and stand for long periods of time.
Entry Level Compensation
Not ready to apply?
That's ok! Click here to join our Career Connections Community to receive news about positions you're interested in.