DATA ENGINEER II
Be a part of our success story. Launch offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to do the best work of their lives in a dynamic and growing company. Through competitive salaries, outstanding benefits, internal advancement opportunities, and recognized community involvement, you'll have the chance to create a career you can be proud of. Your new trajectory starts here at Launch.
Launch is looking for an experienced Data Engineer II to support our client. The ideal candidate is an innovative, flexible, professional, with strong analytical skills allowing them to work collaboratively across teams to solve critical business problems. We are seeking a self-starter with past experience working within the Azure stack. The ideal candidate will commute to one of the three facilities daily, but, given market conditions, may work from home for a period of time.
- Participate in design, implementation, and support of a data warehouse and analytics platform utilizing Azure cloud technology
- Design and implement data load processes from On Premises sources into Azure Data Lake and subsequent Azure SQL & SQL Data Warehouse
- Migrate existing processes and data from our On Premises SQL Server and other environments to Azure Data Lake
- Design, develop, and support Azure SQL Database Data Marts for functional area data consumers
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using Microsoft SSIS and/or Azure cloud technology
- Troubleshoot and support Microsoft SSIS ETL processes for On Premises SQL Data Warehouse
- Explore and learn the latest Azure technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency
- Work with top-notch technical professionals developing complex systems at scale and with a focus on sustained operational excellence
- Collaborate with DW developers; for products that require reporting data and ensure that datasets are in place and are used consistently internally/externally
- Collaborate with data governance; ensure all existing data is created in the right way, and that new data is created according to appropriate standards and with proper documentation
- Read, write, and configure code for end-to-end service telemetry, alerting and self-healing capabilities
- Strive for continuous improvement of code quality and development practices
- Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
- 5+ years of experience in working as an analytics or data engineering member working with cross functional teams
- 5+ years of SQL Server development or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience designing solutions in Azure specializing in any of the following technologies: Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL & Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Functions
- 2+ years of Spark, Python and PowerShell development
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer sciences, Analytics, Systems Eng., Statistics or related field
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Hands-on experience in R/python DevOps and automation experience integrating azure resources with CICD technologies
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Willingness to adapt to and self-learn new technologies and deliver on them
We are Navigators in the Age of Transformation.
We use sophisticated technology to transform clients to the digital age, but our positive impact on the human experience is our top priority. We ease anxiety and fear around digital transformation and replace it with opportunity.
Qualified applicants, please respond to email@example.com with your full name, resume, and a brief description of how your skills match the requirements above. Please refer to job #4281
Launch Consulting is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.