Role and Responsibilities
In this role, the Scheduler will be responsible for coordinating activities of specialized nature usually coming from different sources (internal or external) conducting to final product/activity. Responsibilities require sound working knowledge of procedures in the department necessary to accomplish work activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate with the training officer, squadron aviation resource management (SARM), UDM, and Director of Operations (DO) or designated representative to arrange a schedule to facilitate operations, qualification, upgrade, test, exercises, and continuation training accomplishment to meet required currency and progression standards, in accordance with DO priorities.
- Build long- and short-range shift schedules to ensure full coverage of all aircrew, instructor, evaluator, support personnel, and supervisor positions. Coordinate with senior squadron leadership on a daily and weekly basis.
- Keep track when crewmembers are on leave, temporary duty, have scheduled medical appointments or other scheduling commitments. Deconflict crewmember schedules and work with flight leadership to ensure crews are available to meet assigned sortie tasking.
- Track daily flight/ground/academic training requirements and accomplishments to facilitate accurate flight scheduling as directed by the DO or designated representative. To the maximum extent possible, schedule aircrew based on experience to mitigate Operational Risk Management (ORM). Updates will be reported to squadron and wing leadership.
- Facilitate last-minute schedule changes to ensure full coverage by working with the current mission commander/operations supervisor (or equivalent) and flight responsible for the shift that is not fully manned.
- Obtain aircraft and equipment availability data from maintenance and schedule crewmembers for training, exercises, simulators, and operations, as required.
- Publish and post scheduling data for unit long-/short-range ground/academic, flying, and simulator training event schedules on Patriot Excalibur (PEX), or other computer database systems.
- Comply with Ops Group and scheduling chiefs' locally-developed guidance when building the schedule.
- Assist in determining flight, ground, and simulator schedule requirements for upgrade, initial qualification, requalification, transition, currency, continuation training based on syllabus requirements, student progression, weather, daily equipment availability and training range availability.
- Perform daily updates of scheduling data to compensate for changing conditions and training completion rates.
- Coordinate with Operations Support Squadron (OSS) Plans department, outside agencies/exercise participants and higher headquarters: RED FLAG, GREEN FLAG, Weapons School support, report and facilitate exercise and special event schedule coordination.
- Provide inputs to OSS Scheduling and update daily Supervisor of Flying (SOF) and Top 3 schedules.
- Correlate sortie length and airspace requirements with syllabus requirements.
- Attend the following meetings for schedule coordination and deconfliction: weekly special use airspace scheduling meeting for schedule; weekly planning/coordinating airspace restrictions meeting for schedule.
- Monthly range scheduling meetings
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School diploma
- Two (2) years of experience utilizing Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, detail oriented
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Able to establish and administer suspense actions, manual and computerized file system
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Will be required to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Must be able to generate effective oral and written presentations and proposals on complex subjects.
- Must be able to calculate figures and amounts, prices, commissions, and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- An ability to interpret complex customer requirements and attitudes from verbal, non-verbal, and written communication is desirable.
- Experience working with PEX or similar proprietary scheduling program.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office Products in an operational squadron
- Experience working as a squadron aircrew scheduler.
- An Active Secret Clearance
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
- Must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Ability to operate personal computer and communicate via telephone
- Domestic and international travel as required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value “One CAE“, we're proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.