About EMPIRE TODAY®
Empire Today has been a leading provider of installed home improvements for 60 years. Empire offers the largest in-stock selection of flooring in the United States. Convenience, quality, and selection make Empire stand out. With Empire Today, homeowners and business customers can get quality Carpet, Hardwood, Laminate, Tile, Vinyl Flooring, and Window Treatments from top brands they know and trust. And because Empire warehouses thousands of products, customers can get the right product, professionally installed when they need it, as soon as the next day.
Empire was founded in 1959 and provides service to more than 70 metropolitan areas in the United States. With more than three million satisfied customers, Empire Today is dedicated to its mission of Making Beautiful New Floors Easy.
Empire Today's Market Operations team is an integral part of our company's business strategy and include local personnel managing warehouses, product receipt and distribution, customer service, full life cycle of customer orders, and installation management. This enables installers to deliver upon our commitment to our customers and support the success of Empire Today.
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for handling all flooring inventory, including receiving, picking, staging, loading/unloading, transporting, and disposal in accordance with Company safety and operating policies and procedures. This position reports to the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Perform material movement tasks for order filling, receiving, and loading and unloading
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or other designated areas
- Sort and place material on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color or product code
- Safely operate a forklift and/or other specialized machinery to move, load, unload, stack and remove materials from bins
- Accurately record amount of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate scanning equipment to read, store, query and track inventory
- Wear proper safety equipment and follow safety guidelines at all times
- Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Other duties as requested or assigned
The successful candidate will possess:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- One year warehouse material movement experience
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Valid driver's license with a clear driving record required
- Ability to be flexible in a rapidly changing environment
- Team player
Employees are eligible for numerous benefits including:
- Quick enrollment into our benefit plans. Eligibility is first of the month following just two weeks of employment.
- A premium 401K Investment Plan, with the company matching your amount invested dollar for dollar up to 4% with no vesting. Find another Company that can beat that!
- Medical Insurance with several plan options and a Health Savings Account to meet you and your family's health needs.
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental Insurance – Twice a year visits at no cost.
- Vision Insurance with materials coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Dependent Care
- Wellness Program – A best in class program offering substantial awards payable right on your paycheck
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays including Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) that grows with years of service
- Empire Perks – An employee discount purchasing program offering you great savings on the things you want.
The company conducts a background check and drug screen for all new hires.
Empire Today is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
By Submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Empire Today to transmit and store your information in the Empire Today group companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.