(Seasonal) Recreation Attendant
PAY RATE: $10.40 per hour (up to 600 hours per year).
Eligible part-time employees will receive up to a $3.00 per hour retention bonus for all hours worked from Memorial Day through Labor Day. For details click here.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Work activities in this position primarily involve the operation and maintenance of recreational facilities such as the squirt zone, boat rental, golf course operations building, activity center building, tot lot, trackless train, squirt zone, adventure golf, and ski rental.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The list below is intended to describe the general nature of duties only. Employee shall perform other duties as assigned.
- Monitors the squirt zone to assure the park visitor safety.
- Monitors park visitors to ensure order and safety.
- Keeps grounds litter free.
- Maintains established park rules and regulations.
- Cleans buildings and restrooms at least daily or more often as needed.
- Cares for surrounding shrubs and flower beds.
- Ensures rental agreements are written up properly, deposit records are accurate and money handled properly.
- Sets up equipment for rental; inspects for broken, damaged or worn parts; make minor adjustments and repairs; take apart and properly store for the night. Be able to instruct the public on the proper and safe use of equipment.
- Distributes and collects equipment.
- Collects golf balls from the driving range with Cushman.
- Assists in preparation of daily receipt of reports.
- Operates cash register.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Ability to distinguish letters and symbols.
- Ability to get along with co-workers, supervisors, and park visitors.
- Ability to operate cash register.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to traverse sandy, marshy, or wooded areas with even or uneven terrain.
- Ability to work varied hours depending upon park demands.
- Will be required to work assigned Special Events, Weekends, Evenings and Holidays.
- Will be required to adjust schedule to meet organizational needs.
- Ability to perform essential duties.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.