Who We Are
At Rutter's, we're committed to award winning customer service, active participation in the communities we serve and innovative products and services. We are seeking friendly, dependable, and hardworking Team Members!
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for effectively managing the operation of a convenience store. Assures that all aspects of the business operate smoothly in the store manager's absence.
- Provide assistance and support to the Store Manager with inventory, ordering, and tracking merchandise sales.
- Verifies, reports, and deposits all moneys due company for goods sold.
- Assure all company equipment and facilities are in good working order.
- Identify and resolve inventory control problems.
- Display and rotate merchandise as recommended by the marketing staff.
- Train employees in food preparation, sanitation rules and regulations. Make sure rules are followed by self and others.
- Share responsibility for shift coverage for call-offs when no other help can be found.
- Maintain store and premises in a clean, healthful, attractive condition, and according to all company policies and applicable codes.
- Recommend team members for disciplinary action, job training, or promotion in manager's absence.
- Provide job training and oversee productivity for all team members.
- Report and resolve all maintenance issues that occur during the shift.
- Communicate in a timely and effective way, all problems and issues to Store Manager.
- Assure self and all team members provide professional, courteous, and timely service to all customers.
- Demonstrate high standards and work ethics to others through words and actions.
- Identify opportunities to improve service and productivity, reduce costs, and increase sales and make recommendations to the appropriate personnel.
- Complete daily store errands including but not limited to, banking and competitive gas pricing.
- Make gas price changes.
- Acts as Person in Charge (PIC) in Manager's absence.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Basic accounting skills and experience in leading others are preferred
- Read, write, and comprehend English and ability to use PC and printer
- Comfortable with electronic technology such as scanning and security equipment
- Flexible about working hours
- Ability to be at work when scheduled
- High energy, positive attitude with focus on customer service
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Free drinks while working, free uniforms, career advancement, medical/dental/vision insurance, PTO, tuition reimbursement, 401(k)
Rutter's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other protected status under Local, State or Federal Regulations.