Position General Responsibilities:
This entry level teller position is responsible for greeting customers and handling broad-based banking service and customer transactions.
- Strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
- Good interpersonal/team skills with ability to develop effective working relationships.
- Previous personal/computer experience.
Dimension of Job:
This position is responsible for extensive customer contact providing broad-based banking products. In addition to handling customer transactions, the teller will make recommendations of additional products and referrals to the customers as well as leads to the Bank officers. The teller is also responsible for following banking regulations and procedures while maintaining protection of the Bank’s assets. This position also offers the opportunity of progressing to a Teller 2 position by taking on and learning additional responsibilities, completing teller training, and performing well at essential basic teller functions.
Position Specific Responsibilities, Duties and Competencies
Note: Only minimum responsibilities are listed. Other responsibilities may be required as requested by management.
1. Operational Functions:
- Perform basic paying and receiving functions including cashing checks, handling deposits, savings withdrawals, loan, and escrow accounts.
- Balance currency and coin.
- Fill customer change order.
- Process mail and night depository.
- Process cash advances.
- Issue Cashier Checks, Visa Travel Money Cards and Visa Gift Cards.
- Redeem US Savings Bonds.
- Order/Sell foreign currency and process foreign checks (US and Foreign funds).
- Buy and sell cash internally to and from vault supply.
- Accurately and efficiently process all transactions/work through the teller platform.
- Responsible to follow the maintenance schedule for assigned image capturing machine.
- Responsible for proper item storage and the protection of customer information.
For full description, which includes physical mental demands please see attachment.