NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Title: PS Technical Consultant
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility
The Associate Software Support Consultant works in a complex technical environment, resolving and providing solutions to customer problems. They identify, design and develop solutions for product and system problems. They communicate with internal and external organizations to resolve problems whilst maintaining full ownership. Offer input and gain knowledge as a subject matter expert on products, systems, and services.
- Gather and analyze information, formulate and test hypothesis
- Knowledgeable on assigned product solution(s) and can investigate issues and very infrequently require assistance Design corrective action(s) to resolve product or system problems with no known solutions.
- Identify, design, develop and validate solution
- Ability to research problems with no known solutions and design solutions for identified problems
- Collaborate and communicate with technical suppliers including other Software Support Engineers, Third Party Suppliers, Product Development Engineers, Solutions Managers, Professional Services and Technical Support Specialists as appropriate; whilst maintaining ownership of the incident
- Ability to manage multiple issues of differing stages of investigation and priority without assistance.
- Actively participate in making the team a success by achieving the team objectives
- Adherence to GS2 SLA Guidelines & RWG Target
- Knowledge metrics and knowledge code compliance as per department objectives
- Proper usage of incident tracking tool (as per incident working guidelines)
- Accurate and prompt time logging (direct and indirect)
- Work all incidents diligently to ensure customer satisfaction targets are achieved
- Enhance customer service by dealing with all incidents professionally and adhering to GS2 SLA
- Ensure customers are kept updated with current status of investigation as per SLA guidelines
- Mandatory compliance to NCR's Code of Conduct & Shared Values
- Build relationships with people across a variety of functions within the organization. Build collaboration by identifying and conveying common interests and priorities.
- Relate to others in an accepting and respectful manner, regardless of their organizational level, personality, or background.
- Appropriately involves others in decisions and plans that affect them. Record and communicate solution creation information in a timely manner
- Populate the knowledge base with product and in-depth technical information
- Ensure article is created & released for appropriate audience (external/internal) Enhance individual performance and career development by focusing on technical areas and personal skills outside current areas of expertise
- Continuously develop and maintain pertinent technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- Assess personal skills and schedule training Participate as requested as a Continuous Improvement Team Member
- Contributes towards identifying processes, products and services areas of improvements and team with other analysts to improve the process consistent with the NCR improvement approach.
Basic Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in a discipline related to the product technology - usually electrical, mechanical, computer engineering, or computer science Or
- High school education and minimum of 3 years software related job experience (support/development)
- Excellent English communication skills
- Basic knowledge across the related LOB product range including all solution(s) currently released and supported
- Availability for 7x24 on call if required
- Availability to work flexible working hours
- Willingness to travel at short notice as required
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.