At Signifyd we’re creating a new market. We’re constantly improving and expanding the technology that has changed what fraud protection for ecommerce looks like. So we don’t have time for office politics. We understand that different people have different work styles and we thrive on variety while learning from each other. We’re all Signifyers, so we know that what needs to get done will get done.
Signifyd is a place where no one is going to tell you how to do your job. If you want help, you'll get it — from all quarters. But we pretty much figure out what needs to be done, who's in the best position to do it and then let that person roll-up her or his sleeves and have at it. We're protecting retailers from online fraud in a way that's never been done before and we could use your help if you're someone:
- Who believes challenges are best overcome by thinking differently.
- Who knows his or her role, but isn’t confined by it.
- Whose greatest satisfaction comes from helping customers succeed and achieve their dreams.
- Who isn’t afraid to disagree, convincingly, civilly and honestly.
Oh, and a few particulars for this role:
As part of our core offering, we provide a data-rich fraud research tool to our users which is a highly interactive single-page application.
Moving forward, we are building new features in ES2015/2016 (ES6/7) & ReactJS with a goal to migrate our core offering to a more modular and component-based architecture. The position will involve taking ownership of existing applications and features and migrating/implementing new functionality in a more modern approach. Our front end engineers frequently take mockups, wireframes, or even just functional specs and create rich user interfaces.
We prefer live coding and a conversational approach in our interviews rather than esoteric programming trivia. Skills and knowledge in the vast front-end ecosystem is what we are looking for.
- Ability to create pixel-perfect code from finalized visual designs
- Experience with large React applications
- Experience with one or more build tools such as Webpack, Grunt, Gulp, etc.
- A test focused approach to front-end development
- Experience using Git in a collaborative environment
- Problem solving skills
- Experience with REST API and 3rd party APIs, OAuth, E-commerce plugins
- Startup experience
- Some server-side development experience with Python, Java, NodeJS or similar language/framework
- Data visualization experience using Google Charts or similar toolset
- Experience with UX and or UI design a big plus
Here are some of the libraries/tools we currently use:
- Preact/Inferno/React Fiber
Tools/libraries/languages we have been keeping an eye on:
You’ll receive a benefits package that is one of the most competitive in Belfast:
- A competitive base salary
- An equally competitive equity package
- Bi-annual performance related bonus (10% performance related)
- Pension matched up to 8%
- ‘Day one’ access to private Healthcare, Dental and Optical insurance scheme for you and your whole family
- 25 days of annual leave (plus 10 stat)
- Working from home and flexible working
- 12 weeks full-pay parental leave for mums and dads!
- Free lunch every day that you’re in the office plus free snacks and drinks
- A LinkedIn Learning account
- Top of the range equipment and lots of Signifyd swag
- Monthly Signifyd social events organised by our social committee
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.