At Signifyd we’re creating a new market. We’re constantly improving and expanding the technology that has changed what fraud protection for ecommerce looks like. So we don’t have time for office politics. We understand that different people have different work styles and we thrive on variety while learning from each other. We’re all Signifyers, so we know that what needs to get done will get done.
Signifyd is a place where no one is going to tell you how to do your job. If you want help, you'll get it — from all quarters. But we pretty much figure out what needs to be done, who's in the best position to do it and then let that person roll-up her or his sleeves and have at it. We're protecting retailers from online fraud in a way that's never been done before and we could use your help if you're someone:
- Who believes challenges are best overcome by thinking differently.
- Who knows his or her role, but isn’t confined by it.
- Whose greatest satisfaction comes from helping customers succeed and achieve their dreams.
- Who isn’t afraid to disagree, convincingly, civilly and honestly.
Oh, and a few particulars for this role:
The Senior Software Engineer (SSE) role is a key software development resource in the signifyd feature team (typically 4 engineers). Each SSE is tasked with coding innovative internet scale solutions to further enhance the capabilities of the signifyd platform. The role is perfect for developers who wish to maximise hands-on coding opportunities in their day-to-day work and not be constrained as a result by how these skills are recognised and rewarded.
Our main tech stack includes: Java, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Redshift, Dynamo, MySQL, Apache Spark, Play! framework, gRPC, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- Under take the design and development of significantly complex software development tasks
- Deliver complex technical tasks as part of the sprint deliverables and contribute to scoping and tracking in Jira, coding in Java, and updating in stand-ups
- Mentor and coach more junior members of the scrum team
- Enforce Signifyd quality standards on code reviews, provide feedback that raises the quality of the resulting code, and mentor peers through the review
- Contribute to the Signifyd engineering culture and ensure that any inefficiencies and wasteful processes are highlighted and addressed
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner, or notify team if you are blocked and will not be able to complete expected tasks without help
- Act as team lead for the sprint when necessary. At these times the Senior Software Engineer will assume temporary responsibility for proactively engaging with cross functional stakeholders alongside
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant software development experience
- Excellent programming and design skills in Java or similar OOP language
- Experience with scripting languages and SQL
- Highly developed problem-solving skills
- Developing internet scale 24/7 SaaS products
- Experience building large-scale high-performance systems
- Startup experience
- Machine learning or related knowledge
You’ll receive a benefits package that is one of the most competitive in Belfast:
- A competitive base salary
- An equally competitive equity package
- Bi-annual performance related bonus (10% performance related)
- Pension matched up to 8%
- ‘Day one’ access to private Healthcare, Dental and Optical insurance scheme for you and your whole family
- 25 days of annual leave (plus 10 stat)
- Flexible working options
- 12 weeks full-pay parental leave for mums and dads!
- Free lunch every day that you’re in the office plus free snacks and drinks
- A LinkedIn Learning account
- Top of the range equipment and lots of Signifyd swag
- Monthly Signifyd social events organised by our social committee
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.