At Signifyd we’re creating a new market. We’re constantly improving and expanding the technology that has changed what fraud protection for ecommerce looks like. So we don’t have time for office politics. We understand that different people have different work styles and we thrive on variety while learning from each other. We’re all Signifyers, so we know that what needs to get done will get done.
Signifyd is a place where no one is going to tell you how to do your job. If you want help, you'll get it — from all quarters. But we pretty much figure out what needs to be done, who's in the best position to do it and then let that person roll-up her or his sleeves and have at it. We're protecting retailers from online fraud in a way that's never been done before and we could use your help if you're someone:
- Who believes challenges are best overcome by thinking differently.
- Who knows his or her role, but isn’t confined by it.
- Whose greatest satisfaction comes from helping customers succeed and achieve their dreams.
- Who isn’t afraid to disagree, convincingly, civilly and honestly.
Oh, and a few particulars for this role:
“Signifyd stuck out to me as a relatively small yet rapidly expanding business. I can’t recommend it enough, my team are keen to teach me and I have already pushed a change to the production platform. I look forward to learning more alongside the talented individuals here, especially when there’s free lunches involved!” Thomas Kelly (Engineering Intern)
As an Engineering Intern, you’ll make things happen!
Our Graduate Software Engineers will have the opportunity to gain industry-leading insight, guidance and support to learn our technology stack and grow into fully productive members of our team; no bench sitting!
If you want help, you'll get it - from all quarters, but we’ll encourage you to figure out what needs to be done, identify who is in the best position to make it happen; and if that’s you, roll up your sleeves and get stuck in!
Our Signifyd stack: Java, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Redshift, Dynamo, MySQL, Apache Spark, Play! framework, gRPC, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
What support can you expect:
We’ll provide you with a solid investment in your individual growth and development including an individual development plan, mentoring from industry professionals, a spot on small peer-led teams to provide great opportunities to learn.
What you’ll get to do:
- From the outset you’ll contribute to our features and products and participate fully in your team’s responsibilities
- Participate in daily stand-ups from the get-go
- Be part of a team who are responsible for the full lifecycle of their products: design, development, unit testing, integration testing, deployment, monitoring and iterative improvement
- Be part of a team who are responsible for the full technology stack related to their product or feature; from the user level APIs right down to the databases, streams, and queues, that back the functionality
To know if we’re a great fit for you, you’ll:
- Be working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Have an interest or desire to work with Java, Python, SQL or any of our development stack, or you’ll have worked with some of our stack before on your own time or for your own projects
- Have an interest in machine learning
- Be willing to ask for help if you need it
- Be comfortable making a mistake, but be willing to learn from it
- Be open to learning from others and always curious to know more
What will you get in return:
- A competitive base salary
- A performance related bonus
- 20 days of annual leave plus 10 public holidays
- Free lunch every day that you’re in the office
- Free snacks and drinks
- A LinkedIn Learning account
- Have a great setup and working environment to help you do your job
- Take part in (or drive) our social/community events
Application and Interview details:
- Please list University modules and results on your CV
- Technical Interviews to take place Nov/Dec 2019
- Start Date: July 2020
- Dates may be subject to change
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.