At Signifyd we’re creating a new market. We’re constantly improving and expanding the technology that has changed what fraud protection for ecommerce looks like. So we don’t have time for office politics. We understand that different people have different work styles and we thrive on variety while learning from each other. We’re all Signifyers, so we know that what needs to get done will get done.
Signifyd is a place where no one is going to tell you how to do your job. If you want help, you'll get it — from all quarters. But we pretty much figure out what needs to be done, who's in the best position to do it and then let that person roll-up her or his sleeves and have at it. We're protecting retailers from online fraud in a way that's never been done before and we could use your help if you're someone:
- Who believes challenges are best overcome by thinking differently.
- Who knows his or her role, but isn’t confined by it.
- Whose greatest satisfaction comes from helping customers succeed and achieve their dreams.
- Who isn’t afraid to disagree, convincingly, civilly and honestly.
Oh, and a few particulars for this role:
As a Business Intelligence Solutions Developer, you combine a love of data with both insightful business judgment and impactful communication skills to develop and execute company-wide data governance and KPI monitoring initiatives. You are excited to chart, measure and adapt worldwide operational needs of hundreds of employees at the nexus of machine learning models, consumer privacy, fintech, and Signifyd's disruptive, liability-shifting business model. You can align the highest-level company priorities with strong day-to-day operations and develop a deep understanding of cross-functional stakeholders’ business needs. You will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions using third-party and in-house reporting tools, modeling metadata, reports and dashboards, and administering the platform software to empower colleagues to live up to our values of Being Curious and Hungry, Designing for Scale, and Exercising Agility. You are empathetic--ready to partner with Signifyers from all departments in company-wide initiatives and provide quantitative and technical support, analytical insight, market understanding and a strategic perspective.
- Identify and establish benchmarks for Signifyd’s key business drivers, competitive environment, card-not-present and fraud market trends, and worldwide business operating metrics that will enable execution of Signifyd’s multi-year growth initiatives.
- Supplement thin data sets by identifying, sourcing and vetting new data sources.
- Influence internal and external stakeholders to design and adopt processes that elevate data integrity and facilitate self-help analytics and proper data governance.
- Lead internal software development efforts leveraging agile development best practice with a focus on continuous integration.
- Execute sophisticated quantitative analyses and advanced modeling that translates data into actionable insights.
- Communicate findings to senior leadership by preparing polished reports and/or presentations and identifying key takeaways and action items.
- Contribute to complex and time-critical projects for leaders by quickly understanding context and developing a prioritized business approach for resolution.
- Build and lead impactful and KPI-centric relationships with cross-functional team members.
- Ability to code switch between technical, business and financial frameworks and translate between same vocabularies and communication styles.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent technical knowledge and experience.
- 3 years of experience in a technology/fintech company managing data quality and work-flow implementations while analyzing large data sets to identify trends and make business recommendations.
- Advanced SQL knowledge, with proven ETL and data processing scripting skills using languages such as Python.
- Experience with massively parallel processing databases such as Redshift, Teradata, or Vertica.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely by building dynamic visualizations after conducting data analysis and quality assurance.
- Confirmed understanding of development processes and agile methodologies.
- Successful track record managing projects from feature definition to project deployment through the development lifecycle.
- Experience with influencing senior-level executives on business initiatives.
- Long-term strategic thinking balanced with near-term execution skills.
- Familiar with Netsuite and Salesforce RDBMS schemas.
- Familiar with Looker (writing LookML) and Tableau as both dynamic, hosted reporting and offline reporting.
- Familiar with card-not-present payment stack, retail and ecommerce.
- Familiar with industry and European regulatory schemes relevant to cloud computing and the card-not-present payment stack, including PCI, GDPR and PSD2.
- 5+ years of experience in business intelligence reporting tools
- 5+ years of experience in data quality and work-flow implementation experience
- 5+ years of IT industry experience
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.