The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for all phases of park improvement projects. Responsibilities include but are not limited to carrying out daily instructions provided by the Community Manager and/or Regional Manager, completing park improvement projects on-time and within budget, completing park improvement projects safely and with resident comfort and convenience in mind, and utilizing a broad set of skills to complete a varied group of projects. Triwinds Communities is part of the Flyers Energy Investment Portfolio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide all tenants, guests and vendors with prompt and courteous service.
- Respond to tenant requests and concerns as needed.
- Promote and support Company image, safety, cleanliness and professionalism standards.
- Follow assigned work schedules and work duties from supervisor(s) appropriately.
- Execute all duties and responsibilities as defined by standardized operating procedures and guides.
- Ensure that property facilities and utilities remain in proper safe working condition..
- Coordinate the collection and assessment of competitive bids from 3rd party service providers to resolve maintenance and site development projects as needed.
- Supervise the work of all 3rd party contractors and vendors to ensure a satisfactory level of services provided.
- Stay familiar with Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Carry out and complete assigned tasks by Community Manager/Regional Manager
- Cross-train and act as back up for other positions as assigned.
- Adheres to all city, county, state, and federal regulations.
- Stay familiar with the Company Handbook and Company Policies.
- Communicate effectively with team members in other departments to resolve problems and provide information as needed.
- Work in a safe manner at all times and report all accidents immediately.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: 3+ years experience in any of the following trades necessary, multiple trades preferred: Carpentry, landscaping, painting, stonework, fencing, lighting/electrical.
LANGUAGE and/or COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to read and comprehend instructions as well as procedural manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests and other team members. Ability to communicate with personnel using telephone, voice-mail and e-mail systems.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in order to carry out routine tasks in relation to the essential duties of the position. Able to perform these functions using decimals and percentages.
Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to apply critical thinking during interviewing and personnel development of team members.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member is frequently required to lift heavy objects, use power tools, and other labor intensive activities. The team member is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to examine documents, reports and other data in either hard copy or electronic form. Must be able to climb the equivalent stairs, walk safely around assigned property or properties, and drive car for long periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. While performing the duties of this job, the team member occasionally works in high or precarious places. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.