Why not work for an INDUSTRY LEADER?
POOLCORP is the world's leading distributor of outdoor living products. We operate in more than 350 Sales Centers with nearly 3,500 employees who proudly service the needs of our customers. Our company strives to employ only the best CDL and Delivery Drivers, Warehouse Associates and Inside Sales Representatives as well as Sales Center Managers and Operations Managers.
Because it is a place where you can grow! At POOLCORP you'll find plenty of excellent career advancement and training opportunities to support your career growth. And, our generous compensation and benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, 401 (k), EAP, and discounts specifically offered to POOL employees. During busy seasons, we also offer performance bonuses. And finally, our family-oriented, hometown culture is supported by a stable, large corporate enterprise – giving you the best of all worlds.
So, end your job search here – at POOLCORP – Where Outdoor Living Comes to Life!
The Equipment Service Technician assembles and repairs fractional horsepower gasoline engines used to power lawnmowers, garden tractors, and similar machines.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Locates causes of trouble, dismantles parts, and examines for defects.
- Cleans, adjusts, replaces and/or repairs equipment.
- Starts repaired engines and listens to sounds to test performance.
- Replaces engines on machines.
- Observes safety and security procedures according to OSHA.
- Takes proper care of company tools and customer equipment.
- Shares expertise with others.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of mechanic technical/trade school; or 1 year mechanic experience and/or training. or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with small engines, diesel and hydraulics preferred.
- Ability to acquire OPE industry certifications.
- Willingness and ability to maintain manufacturers annual updates.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to multitask to meet deadlines.
- Commits to long hours of work when necessary to complete projects.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of MS Office and inventory programs.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
POOLCORP is a drug-free company and an EOE, M/F/V/D.