What You Will Do:
As a hospice case manager for Amedisys, you will have a special opportunity to provide, coordinate and direct the provision of hospice nursing and palliative care to terminally ill patients in their home. You will closely collaborate with the attending physician, patients and their families, and other members of the patient care team to provide and maintain continuity of patient care to achieve excellent pain and symptom management and high quality end-of-life care for the patient.
- Assess and reassess all physical, environmental and emotional factors to determine hospice needs for patients in the home setting
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and IDT to meet the emotional needs of the patient/family/caregiver.
- Utilize a combination of agency resources and nationally recognized standards of practice to achieve excellent pain and symptom management and high quality end-of-life care.
- Coordinate the total Plan of Care and maintains continuity of patient care by liaising with appropriate staff and the physician.
- Actively participates in Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) conferences.
- Provide supervision and evaluation of aides and nurses.
- Attend funerals/calling hours when appropriate as assigned by the bereavement coordinator.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the Company.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a registered nurse
- Current CPR certification
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance to complete home visits
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Previous home health or hospice experience
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (CHPN)
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.