Under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist performs routine and specialized technical and clerical duties for drug distribution to patients. This individual has excellent customer service skills and is able to function independently within their scope of responsibility. The incumbent is able to demonstrate leadership skills on a day to day basis. This job builds on the responsibilities of a Pharmacy Technician Certified III.
- Answers Phones.
- Prepares prescription and non-prescription medication and/or devices.
- Stocks and replenishes stock locations and automated dispensing machines (ADMs) and/or robots (example: shelves, carousels, Parata).
- Serves as a preceptor and assists with orienting and training of pharmacy department staff.
- Communicates supply issues, problems or discrepancies to the appropriate personnel.
- Assists with workflow management in the pharmacy.
- Performs audits.
- Administers and distribute all new-hire training and departmental specific competencies required by department and accrediting agencies.
Supply Chain Only:
- Purchases pharmaceuticals in quantities sufficient to meet patient needs and reorders based on Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) and 340B Drug Pricing Program (340B Program) criteria.
- Purchases and controls inventory for the Inpatient Pharmacy. Coordinates annual inventory and assists with the management of drug shortages.
- Maintains and audits 340B eligible transactions and 340B eligible product accumulations for accuracy of data. Keeps records of audit activity and database changes of 340B products for compliance and audits.
- Purchases and controls inventory for the clinic practices.
- Responsible for quarterly inventory at Central Supply Pharmacy.
- Processes pharmacy invoices and manage interdepartmental billing.
- Monitors and maintains processes and documentation for controlled substance compliance including ARCOS requirements.
- Associates degree in a health or related field, with 1 year of pharmacy experience, or the equivalent in education and experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with accuracy.
- Ability to multitask and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain composure under stressful situations.
- Able to function independently within their scope of responsibility.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
- Registered Pharmacy Technician with the NH Board of Pharmacy required.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) certification required.