Build a career powered by innovations that matter. At Novanta, our innovations power technology products that are transforming healthcare and advanced manufacturing—improving productivity, enhancing people's lives and redefining what's possible. We serve as a trusted technology partner to medical and advanced industrial original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) worldwide, engineering components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance for a range of mission-critical applications—from minimally invasive surgery to robotics to 3D metal printing.
Novanta's Shared Services teams are comprised of Human Resources, Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, Legal and Regulatory Compliance. These teams enable the Novanta business groups to achieve optimal business outcomes while ensuring the Novanta's mission, vision and values are executed across the organization.
Novanta is a global organization with offices located throughout EMEA, The Americas and Asia Pacific regions. Novanta is a publicly traded company on NASDAQ under symbol NOVT.
- Develop and administer Leadership development and assessment program.
- Develop talent retention and individual development plans as a partner to the GM/Presidents to ensure top talent career paths are known and tended.
- Establish and maintain coaching, leadership development and 360 feedback mechanisms.
- Assess opportunities and administer a Rotation development program.
- Partner with the business and HR leadership to co-design and implement the D&I roadmap under the umbrella of Novanta's strategic plan.
- Incorporate elements of diversity and inclusion into the strategic plan for all people and business processes, ensuring global alignment while tailoring for local/country needs.
- Partner with the leadership teams to develop accountability mechanisms and socialize People Analytics and dashboards.
- Act as a thought leader internally and externally, sharing perspectives, best practices and resources.
- Own the collaboration between and with the internal Affinity groups, spearheading the development and growth of the groups and their sponsors to ensure lasting business and social impact.
- Spearhead and managing the social responsibility program and associated activities in alignment with the program charter, business operations, and philanthropic goals.
- Working with our HR Analytics team, establish and track metrics to measure the effectiveness of the social responsibility program and report on results on a regular basis as appropriate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Research and report on local, regional and national trends in social responsibility, Affinity Groups, and trends in the industrial & manufacturing segments to ensure program remains relevant.
- Build inclusive global employee programs to enhance and amplify the value of Novanta's diversity practices.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with learning institutions, business organizations and causes that focus on promoting and enhancing D&I.
- Strong collaboration with HR Leadership Team peers, the ELT, Novanta business leaders and the Legal / Finance teams to ensure internal and external practices promote diversity and inclusion outcomes.
- Partner with Talent Brand, Employee Communications and Marketing teams to ensure social media and media vehicles are leveraged, ambassadors are identified, and customer connections are leveraged to ensure a high impact set of D&I and CSR impacts from a brand and socialization perspective.
Required Experience, Education, Skills and Competencies
- Proven passion and business impact with a focus on D&I and CSR
- 12+ years of previous relevant experience in a diversity and/or talent management focused role.
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge in the D&I space, including an understanding of global trends and best practices.
- Proven experience driving business outcomes via D&I (for example: activating Affinity Groups to generate talent pipelines and customer relationship / revenue creation).
- Expertise using data and metrics to story tell, communicate strategic vision, and ensure accountability across multiple groups.
- Experience leading, building and developing high impact teams.
- Demonstrated experience with the design and launch of programs and initiatives that deliver on talent strategies & outcomes.
- Writing and producing content for news media, web, social and internal communications channels.
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills. Experience with public speaking/events planning and a proven ability to collaborate and navigate from the employee to the Board level with finesse, confidence and composure.
- Ability to influence, gain buy in and implement change with senior leadership, cross functionally.
- Objective and balanced leader who is a curious learner and can take perspective to understand multiple facets of complex situations.
- An empowered self-starter able to work without significant oversight, and follow through to impactful execution.
- Strong integrity, decision making and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to deftly navigate complex situations involving conflict and negotiate positive outcomes.
- Mix of larger scale public and global startup / technology company preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree is required, Master's degree is preferred.