Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
MITRE is a not-for-profit company dedicated to solving problems for a safer world. Among our many work programs is a large program in GPS, navigation, and timing. MITRE has made many significant contributions to this field, including the design of new GPS signals, the development of software radio GPS receivers, and the development of novel satellite navigation receivers. Some highlights of our work in Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) can be found here.
We are looking for talented engineers and scientists who are interested in joining our team and applying their technical expertise towards furthering the public good by developing, applying, and evaluating state-of-the-art navigation technologies, such as:
- State-of-the-art signal processing algorithms for navigation systems (radio navigation, inertial sensors, atomic clocks, vision navigation, etc.)
- Next generation signals for satellite and radio navigation
- Navigation equipment in high-interference and stressed environments
- Advanced GPS receiver technology
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, systems engineering, mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, mathematics, physics, or a related discipline
- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD secret security clearance which will require US citizenship
- A background in one of the following (or related) areas:
- Electrical or Systems Engineering: signal processing, wireless communications, sensor fusion, machine vision
- Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering: Kalman filtering, estimation theory, linear systems theory, state-space modeling
- Physics: Electromagnetics, antennas, inertial sensors, atomic sensors
- Mathematics: Stochastic processes, cryptography
- MS in electrical engineering, systems engineering, mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, mathematics, physics, or related discipline
- Experience with MATLAB, Python, C++, or other modeling and data analysis software tools
- Experience with satellite navigation technologies
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills
- The ability to build collaborative and mutually beneficial working relationships with people of different backgrounds
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status.
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE's employment process, please contact MITRE's Recruiting Help Line at 703-983-8226 or email at email@example.com.
Copyright © 1997-2020, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only.