Groomer Team Lead (Beaver Creek, CO, US)
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the safety of fellow employees, guests and personal safety, as well as safe snow cat operations
- Responsible for preventative maintenance, cleanliness and up keep of snow cats
- Receives daily working instructions from Manager and communicate daily or as needed about mechanical problems with fleet maintenance
- Oversee the performance, conduct and quality of work performed by the crew during the shift.
- Maintain snowcat records, control and monitor time sheets, for accuracy, control rest periods and lunch breaks.
- Assist in coordinating with Ski Patrol, and other groups, the activities of Slope Grooming personnel relative to sweep, rescue and AVI control operations.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 years experience operating snowcats - required
- Valid drivers license and acceptable MVR - required
- Must be 18 years of age or older - required
- High school diploma or equivalent - required
- Able to sit for extended periods of time while operating a snow cat - required
- Able to use 2 way radios - required
- Able to read, write, speak, comprehend and understand English fluently - required
- Entire season commitment required - required
- Mechanical or equipment operation background and experience with diesel engine/hydraulic machines- Preferred
- Level 7 ski/ride required if on clock skiing or riding - required
- In person interview - required
The budgeted range starts at $21.59 - $35.46. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 457868