Director of Corporate Partnerships | Ford Park Event Center
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
The Director of Partnerships is responsible for generating revenue for the venue through the sale of venue advertising, event sponsorships, signage, website, social media, and promotions. This is a sales position without staff managerial responsibilities. Compensation will consist of base salary plus sales commission. This position will be responsible for achieving measurable financial results.
- Responsible for establishing new sponsorship and marketing partnerships to achieve annual revenue goals
- Conduct cold calls as a way of securing appointments to sell to new prospects among local and national companies
- Analyze specific marketing needs of prospects based on partner objectives, market strategies, category potential, activation potential and financials
- Development, sales, and servicing of Premium Seating (annual Suite agreements as well as Suite rentals for individual events)
- Effectively present proposals in front of individuals and large groups
- Develop meaningful business relationships with existing and potential sponsors
- Communicate well across all areas of the company including broadcast, accounting, marketing, community relations and ticket operations
- Assist with Ford Park's marketing events and initiatives
- Develops sales action plans to ensure hitting budget goals along with the VP, Partnerships
- Prospect, sell, cultivate, and maintain the corporate sponsorships for the venues in both new and renewal business
- Solicit new cash partnerships
- Execute all aspects of corporate partnership fulfillment
- Work with outside agencies to get all corporate partnerships signage created and placed
- Create annual recaps for corporate partners
- Service all corporate sponsorships through various means including direct contact, newsletters, corporate partner gatherings, etc.
- Design of sales proposals and presentations for potential corporate partners
- Effectively maintain department budgets and reporting
- Create and implement new ideas and opportunities that will drive revenue for the venue and client
- Work with the marketing departments on opportunities to cross sell corporate partners
- Work and attend events, promotions, and OVG360 Corporate Sales events
- Bachelor degree or the equivalent training & experience
- 7-10 years of sponsorship sales experience
- Proven track record of developing and managing highly strategic corporate partnerships; Strong prospecting, analytical, presentation and communication skills
- Proven success in establishing and meeting challenging sales objectives in a high profile, competitive marketplace
- Comfortable managing tight deadlines and meeting aggressive sales goals and expectations
- Strong professional relationship skills; Ability to establish and maintain long-term strategic relationship with corporate clients, direct reports and co-workers
- Must be a skilled negotiator with the ability to effectively represent the standards and philosophy of the department
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings
- Must be highly self-motivated and adept at working both independently and as part of a team.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work nights, all events, weekends, events and holidays as required
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada. We highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.