Aircraft Mechanic II Power Line (F-18)
ZENETEX specializes in management and technology support services for a variety of federal agencies and commercial organizations. The Aircraft Mechanic II will keep airplanes in safe working condition by servicing engines, engine components, and airframe components.
- Modifies and replaces parts such as instruments, wiring, and tires
- Identifies hazardous aircraft conditions and determines when aircraft should not be flown
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks
- Fully analyzes all required blueprints, drawings, work orders and sketches in order to troubleshoot, repair and install desired product or part
- Able to detect errors and correct through proper departmental channels
- Schedules items through the shop to maintain on-time deliveries
- Checks all mechanical components prior to installation to prevent damage
- Accurately estimates hours and materials for scheduled jobs
- Works effectively with Engineering in recommending design enhancements and productivity improvements
- Ability to operate all required ground support equipment
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of all aircraft mechanical systems functions and interactions
- Extensive knowledge of aircraft accessories, components and other hardware
- Comprehensive knowledge of estimating hours and materials for completing projects
- Complete knowledge of all related skill area machines, equipment and hand tools
- Must complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty
- This position will require U.S. citizenship and the ability to obtain an active DoD Secret clearance.
ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.