Technical Application Specialist, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
Tremco's Commercial Sealants & Waterproofing division is currently searching for a Technical Application Specialist. The Technical Application Specialist ensures proper application and use of Tremco/Chemtron sealants, adhesives, tapes and gaskets in accordance with company and industry guidelines by providing on-site application and problem resolution assistance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assure product performance of OEM specified products through proper use and field applications.
- Provide over-the-phone and onsite Technical Service support for OEM products.
- Perform in-house/analytical laboratory testing to confirm compatibility of Tremco OEM products on specified jobs/substrates, new areas of application, new products, and conduct competitive product analysis.
- Provide written and verbal technical support and product recommendations to the sales force and customers.
- Participate in sales training and service programs, train contractors on jobs, and present product application presentations.
- Complete plants audits with customers and field sales representatives.
- Write reports on job inspections, lab testing, and field trials.
- Assist with field trails on new product usage, competitive product comparisons, web-site navigation, product specifications, repairs, problems, environmental regulations, construction and technical questions.
- Receive telephone, fax and mailed questions from distributors, plant engineers, owners, OEM customers, sales force, and in-house Tremco employees.
- Create application instructions for the OEM product line.
- Assist sales department with competitive product comparisons information.
- Receive formal product complaints and coordinate evaluation of the complaint with sales and Quality Assurance (QA) departments.
- Assist with the development and review of sales product literature, application instructions, and maintain/update field training manuals.
- Write technical bulletins on updated product/technical information for sales force.
- Provide technical assistance for sales presentations as requested for a specific job or for sales symposiums.
- Maintain product certification letters required in job submittal packages.
- Review job submittals for Tremco product usage.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year university in Science, Engineering, Construction or similar field
- One to two years related experience and/or training in Technical Service, Construction, Customer Service or similar experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Effective Word, Excel, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Effective team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% domestically and internationally
- Mechanical aptitude
See Job Description