Sr Engineer, Software
This job position is located in Bayview, Idaho and will require a SECRET security clearance to be obtained/maintained. The Network/Software Engineer is responsible for maintaining and upgrading computer hardware and software that supports multiple test platforms.
The System Software Engineer candidate shall be qualified in the following three areas:
- Software Engineering
- Programming experience with at least two of the following: C, MATLAB, PERL, and Python.
- Practice software version control.
- Create and maintain software tools that control and/or monitor a diverse suite of remote hardware such as gyros, power distribution units, and cameras.
- Integrate software tools into a web interface so customers, technicians, and engineers can control and monitor processes remotely.
- Network Administration
- Maintain small (<20>
- Be proficient with Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Apply updates, install security patches, and write custom scripts to meet customers’ needs.
- Maintain security accreditation of network; meet emerging security requirements handed down from Computer Security.
- Manage access controls and credential verification for team collaboration website.
- Plan and maintain an automatic and robust data backup of system network.
- Provide IT systems support including monitoring, configuring, backup and problem resolution for Linux based mass storage systems (NFS,SMB)
- Create and implement a plan to copy customer data from multiple sources, assuring all requested data is delivered.
- Resolve emergent network and computer issues.
- Data Acquisition
- Assist in data acquisition operations.
- Operate data acquisition system to acquire acoustic and structural data to meet data requirements of test plan.
5-8 years of related software development experience.
Contract preferred 8-10 years of related software development experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.