The primary responsibility of the Industrial Mechanic will be to perform preventive and corrective maintenance on coke cutting and handling equipment within the Baytown Exxon Mobil refinery. Equipment will range from but is not limited to: an overhead bridge crane (P&H 38 ton), multiple belt conveyors, DCU decoking equipment, coke drum un-heading / re-heading devices, hydraulic pressure units, railcar loading and unloading systems, railroad locomotives, and barge loading system (including barge hauls and loading chutes). The Industrial Mechanic will report directly to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Must understand and abide by all safety rules in place by both Savage and the customer
- Must understand and utilize the Savage Maintenance Program
- Complete Preventive and Corrective Maintenance services on customer and company owned equipment
- Design, fabricate, weld, and install equipment as required.
- Support management of the Spare Parts Inventory, including documenting parts use and submitting requests for replacement
- Properly record maintenance activities in the company's Computerized Maintenance Management System (Manager Plus)
- Maintain good relations and open communication with coworkers and management via radio and other proper means
- Support the Savage S7 Delivery System
- Maintain a clean work environment by removing trash and debris from all areas of responsibility including structures, offices, restrooms, vehicles, etc.
- Must be willing to perform any other special tasks assigned by management
- Minimum of 5 years' experience and extensive knowledge in troubleshooting, repairing and installing light and heavy equipment in an industrial environment.
- Minimum of 5 years as a Maintenance Mechanic (Required)
- Knowledge of industrial safety standards, and ability to work safely in a hazardous industrial environment
- Experience performing maintenance on equipment such as belt conveyors, and overhead bridge cranes is a plus.
- Experience with air or hydraulic operated hoists and hydraulic drilling/decoking equipment is a plus.
- Experience with applying safety regulations and written procedures within a refinery or chemical plant is a plus.
- Experience with automated equipment.
- Basic computers skills. (Required)
- Practices and understands time management, is a self-starter with a positive outlook. (Required)
- Must be willing to work a rotating call out schedule. (Required)
- Must have or be able to obtain a TWIC card. (Required)
- Must understand the oil refining process and culture that comes with it.
- High School Diploma or greater
- Must be able to walk long distances
- Must be able to climb ladders/steps and work at elevated heights
- Must be able to stand, stoop and crawl
- Must be able to lift 50lbs frequently
- Ability to work outside in any weather condition
Savage has been designated as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Baytown, TX, USA