Import/Export Clerk - Swing shift - $23/hr
We are adding an Import/Export Specialist to our Baytown Team!
The Import/Export Clerk is responsible for communicating with the drivers and assigning inbound and outbound loads to specific doors and staging lanes.
About the position:
Weekly Pay: $22.00/Hour + $1.00 (Shift Premium)
Schedule: Monday - Friday; 2:30 PM - 11:00 PM
- FDA or USDA Documentation Experience Required
- Motivated & Dependable
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with heavy documentation
- Must Be Comfortable in Freezer Enviroment
Other requirements: Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug test
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org - applications with resumes will receive quicker response!
This would be a great position for someone with experience working the US Census, in social work, research analysts, or other positions requiring heavy paperwork.
- Strong Safety culture, including safe and reliable equipment
- Paid training (only 6 months forklift experience necessary!)
- Stability and growth opportunities!
- Competitive benefits package, immediate holiday/vacation pay, & PTO in the first 30 days!
- WEEKLY PAY, direct deposit is available!
- Forbes’ 2019 list of the “World’s Best Employers”
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years or more experience in SAP and Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to:
- Create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Multi-task, be highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Work independently and as a member of a team
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Excellent PC skills in MS Office (intermediate level)
- SAP and Warehouse Management System (WMS) knowledge (intermediate level)
- Safety Sensitive Position. Non-Regulated Tech. Depending on location, may be required to operate equipment and be equipment certified
- Check truck drivers in and out
- Assign dock doors for inbound/outbound activity according with warehouse direction and vendor assignment in warehouse
- Verify accuracy of all shipping/receiving documentation. Partner with the inventory department to resolve any issues
- Assist in appointment scheduling as needed
- Update required reports on a timely basis
- Communicate with customers and assist with customer needs
- Coordinate inbound and outbound loads
- Perform other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.