Interviews incoming patients/representatives to obtain identifying information and other data required for admission. Performs a variety of clerical duties.
- Interviews patients/designee and obtains all relevant demographics, insurance information and required signatures.
- Enters all pre-admission and admission information into Hospital Information System and verifies accuracy.
- Collects point of service payments, as required.
- Explains hospital regulations to patient/designee and answers questions concerning hospitalization.
- Performs chart processing and reconciliation. Ensures completed chart accompanies patient to floor upon admission.
- Directs or assists patients and/or visitors to appropriate department or assigned room, as needed.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Prior customer service experience, required.
- Data entry skills (80 keystrokes per minute), required.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational skills, required.