Department: 5 West
Times: 7:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Scheduled Budgeted Hours: 72
Collaborates with physician
to provide a plan of care that will return the patient to optimal health. Provides bedside nursing care and carries out
medical orders. Delegates to and oversees
Nurse Assistant, Patient Care Associate, OB Care Associate, Surgical Service
Assistant, Nursing Clerk and Psychiatric Tech functions. Responsible for evaluating effectiveness of
- Integrating evidence-based knowledge into practice.
- Delegation and coordination of tasks and assignments of nursing care.
- Facilitates/participates in patient conferences.
- Identifies and provides the means to meet patients’ ongoing and discharge/transferteaching needs by communicating with the appropriate resource persons and attendingdischarge/transfer planning conferences.
- Assumes the responsibility for professional growth by seeking out educationalopportunities and utilizing programs in the hospital or elsewhere in the community.
- Teaches and/or guides professional and ancillary personnel.
- Precepts/mentors new employees and students.
- Functions as a team leader to ensure proper patient placement anddelegation of assignments.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and holding a currentlicense to practice in the state of Michigan.
- Valid Michigan Registered Nurse License
- Must satisfactorily complete the first available basic dysrhythmia course
- ACLS within one year of hire or transfer
- CPR issued by American Heart Association or Red Cross Certification.
- Six (6) months experience in an acute care setting or equivalent
Equal Opportunity Employer of
We are committed to encouraging and
sustaining a work environment free of unlawful harassment, discrimination,
and/or retaliation. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an
individual’s race, color, age, religion, sex/pregnancy (including pregnancy/childbirth
or pregnancy/childbirth-related conditions), sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or
any other status prohibited by applicable laws. We also make good faith
efforts to recruit, hire, and promote qualified women, minorities, individuals
with disabilities, and veterans.