Provides health care for patients under the direction of a nurse. Assists patients under their care with day-to-day tasks, playing a vital support role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Answers patient calls anddetermines how best to help them.
- Provides physical support for patients with dailyactivities and personal hygiene, including bathing, dressing, getting outof bed, using the toilet, walking, standing or exercising.
- Turns and repositions bedridden patients.
- Ensures patients receive appropriate diet byreviewing their dietary restrictions, food allergies, and preferences. Providesencouragement and support with eating.
- Obtains and uses a wide range of information fromphysicians, caregivers and nurses about patient condition, treatmentplans, and suggested activities to provide appropriate patient care.
- Measures and records food and liquid intake andurinary and fecal output and reporting changes to medical or nursingstaff.
- Records vital signs, including blood pressure,pulse, temperature, and respiration rate as requested by staff or asordered.
Department: 5 West
Times: 6:30 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
Scheduled Bi-weekly Hours: 36 hours
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- State Certified Nursing Assistant.
- One month of job-related experience and/or training.
- BLS certification
- One year of experience in a medical setting.
Equal Opportunity Employer of
We are committed to encouraging and
sustaining a work environment free of unlawful harassment, discrimination,
and/or retaliation. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an
individual’s race, color, age, religion, sex/pregnancy (including pregnancy/childbirth
or pregnancy/childbirth-related conditions), sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or
any other status prohibited by applicable laws. We also make good faith
efforts to recruit, hire, and promote qualified women, minorities, individuals
with disabilities, and veterans.