Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
Through leading innovations, we help farmers around the world meet the challenge of feeding a growing population and taking care of our planet. We are currently seeking an Experienced Research Associate for the Team in Bay, AR.
You will help meet the world’s most pressing needs by:
- Lead the execution of nursery seed production while strictly following HSE and Stewardship practices
- Provide quality seed meeting quantity and timeline targets to assist scientists in delivering project goals
- Support site management with the functional activities of a research station.
- Function as an integral member of a team leading aspects of packaging, planting, cultivating, note taking and harvesting in seed production nurseries.
- Maintain integrity of seed inventory, packaging, field layout, pollinating, seed processing, and data collection.
- Supervise/manage operational teams to achieve desired results.
- Lead projects with impact both on and across stations.
- Conduct and lead all trialing/operation related activities independently.
- Accurately collect and manage data obtained from trials.
- Effectively communicating regularly with peers and supervisors regarding the status of projects and work activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Agriculture related discipline required.
- 2 or more years of Research experience in a professional setting required
- A valid driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s history
- Proficient skills in MS Excel and ability to use and support proprietary IT systems.
- Familiarity with seed technology industry and plant breeding methodologies
- Experience with precision agriculture equipment and software systems
- History of implementation of continuous improvements and new innovations
- Clear understanding of the practices and procedures that affect nursery seed production quality, quantity, and timelines.
- Strong leadership skills with experience working with interdisciplinary teams.
- Work in high or low temperature conditions in field. (Position will work in various environments: (Field / Laboratory / Office)
- Capable of working long hours during time-critical periods of the growing season.
- Must be authorized to work for Syngenta in the United States without work authorization sponsorship
- Bi-lingual in Spanish highly preferred
- A basic understanding of plant genetics and breeding is desirable.
What We Offer:
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the same day you do
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)