Under general direction, manages daily aspects of site construction such as communication site construction (telecom), Photovoltaic power plants (solar), wireless telecommunications systems (towers, poles, equipment shelters). Responsible for project cost management, labor productivity and schedule development, safety compliance, quality control, and general construction administration. Creates detailed scope of work documentation and troubleshoots issues to avoid delays or escalations. May be responsible for performing site surveys, creating and updating project schedules, ordering materials, and contributing to selection and/or evaluation of subcontractors. May perform administrative tasks such as issuing work orders, preparing management reports, and preparing quotes and cost estimates. Adheres to safety program training.
Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm
Essential Job Functions:
• Project assignments may include short and long term construction projects with associated timelines or multi phased schedules, including residential and multi dwelling projects, join trench, commercial construction, forced relocations, node splits, upgrades, etc. as well as Serviceability’s, small plant extensions, cable replacements, apartment rewires, plant repairs, power supply replacements/upgrades, etc.
• Demonstrates competence in all areas of Construction practices, policies and procedures as well as cable plant design and advanced specialized hardware/test equipment knowledge.
• Completes field serviceability and site survey requests including cost estimates and Purchase Authorizations (PA) and the submission of estimated work to the appropriate parties for reimbursement, if applicable.
• Knowledge of and/or ability to prepare and complete various construction related paperwork including some permits. This may include: interstate crossing permits, railroad crossing permits, pole attachment permits, strand map information, system designs/as-builds, and PA/MSR’s, in addition to various daily (DOCK), weekly and monthly construction data input/reports.
• Verify easements and assist in obtaining right-of-way agreements as applicable with system new build or rebuild projects.
• Monitor actual material and labor spending against Project Authorizations and ensure accuracy of and approval of contractor invoices.
• May partner with design center, various sales associates, building owners, developers, local and state municipalities regarding projects.
• Prepare and completes any necessary daily (DOCK), weekly/monthly and field operation reports.
• Works with technical operations regarding system acceptance guidelines and associated paperwork.
• Authorize vendor invoices for materials and approved construction costs, through the quality control (QC) process.
• Coordinate the construction activity with the contractor, ensuring all National Electric Code (NEC) construction specifications, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines are adhered to.
• Interacts with design center, various sales associates, building owners, developers, local and state municipalities regarding projects.
• Represent TWC at pre-construction and planning meetings with developers, city staff and local highway, railroad and land management personnel.
• Report all unsafe acts, conditions, accidents and injuries in compliance with Time Warner, Federal Communications Commission (FCC), and OSHA regulations or procedures.
• Other duties or responsibilities as required or assigned
• Individuals should have at least 4-8 years of relevant field experience in cable television (CATV) construction, service or plant maintenance, understanding of outside cable plant, basic mathematics, and city/county map reading.
• Must have strong computer skills (MS Excel, Outlook, Word).
• Working knowledge of aerial and underground practices/guidelines for engineering/construction.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, working efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
• Technically proficient in all aspects of fiber optic engineering, construction, and Splicing procedures.
• Ability to organize and control inventories/material needs.
• Working knowledge of NEC, OSHA and FCC regulations and specifications, supervision and office procedures.
• Driving is a requirement for this position. Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and safe driving record.
• High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) required.
• Knowledgeable and proficient in CATV construction work tools and project work flow, including Salesforce.com, and Bentley.
• Perform standby duty/on-call for emergency repairs on a rotating basis.
• Preferred 2 year Associate degree and/or training in electronics or related discipline.
The physical demands for this position are typical to an office and field environment and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position involves both field and office work. Must be able to work in various weather conditions, which could be extreme hot or cold conditions.
• Use of mouse, and reading on a computer frequently throughout the work day.
• Communicating by telephone frequently throughout the work day.
• Visually able to use a computer continuously throughout the work day.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds.
• Position will also involve sitting, standing, stooping, and/or crawling.
• Ability to operate test equipment, hand tools, power tools. Such as Ohm meter, TDR/OTDR, signal level meter, cable locator, screwdrivers, pliers, ladders, and two-way radio. May also operate aerial bucket trucks, air compressor and/or hydraulic winch.
• Required to drive company vehicle and may drive for long periods of time. Must maintain a safe driving record.
• Position has extensive contact with construction and technical personnel, including contractors, customers and general public.
Materials and Equipment Used:
• Standard Office Equipment (phone/copier/fax) – daily
• Laptop Computer – daily
• Mobile Telephone with email capability – daily
• Extension ladder – occasionally
• Company vehicle – frequently
Area of Interest
New York - East Syracuse
6005 Fair Lakes Rd
EFR105 Construction Coordinator III
2551501929-Spectrum Northeast LLC-Central NY-Construction
Controlling Establishment ID
00160 - Syracuse Fair Lakes Rd