As a Mechanic with Manitowoc
Cranes*, you will be responsible to plan and perform all
required duties to assist on complete disassembly and final assembly operations
on company products following standard or accepted methods and procedures. You will also be responsible for the basics
of hydraulic component teardown, air systems, electrical systems, structural
components, operating a forklift, overhead crane operations, and safety
Reporting directly to the Production Manager, position is based in
up to the challenge, the reward is satisfaction . . . and knowing you helped
build something real. Join our passionate team and help build something you can
be proud of – a future filled with passion, pride, and satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions:
- Daily disassembly/assembly and training.
- Daily functional checks and quality skillsdevelopment.
- Daily introduction to fabrication, steamcleaning and blast/paint.
- Operate small hand and power tools includinggrinders, cranes, hoists and use precision measuring devices.
- Completion of appropriate progress reports asrequired.
- Complete and maintain all required paperworkand ensure it follows parts.
- Complete time sheets to track hours spent oneach project, indirect labor, training, etc.
- Daily communication with supervisor toexchange information and data. Monthlycommunication with management to resolve issues.
- Other duties as determined by supervision.
- High School diploma or General EducationDegree (GED) required
- Hydraulic and electrical background.
- Mechanical background.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must be able to read measuring instrumentsand blueprints.
- Must be able to identify parts and materialsby reading and following process sheets and drawings.
- Complete and maintain required paperwork
- Must have ability to perform basic shop math
- Forklift training is given to allmechanics. Certification is requiredwithin 90 days of hire date.
- This position is located on the productionshop floor, in multiple buildings. Whileperforming the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to usetools or controls. The employee isfrequently required to stand, reach, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, orcrawl. Incumbent will work in a typicalfabrication environment including the use of solvents, adhesives, hydraulicoil, petroleum products, etc. There isfrequent lifting and/or moving of up to 50 pounds.
- Maintain departmental housekeeping and 5Sstandards.
- Perform job functions in a safe manner andfollow established safety procedures.
world’s most advanced crane service and support program, Manitowoc Crane Care
is divided into five key disciplines: Parts; Service and Technical Support;
Technical Publications; Training; and EnCORE, our branded rebuild, repair,
remanufacture and exchange program. Together, Manitowoc Crane Care
promises crane owners unprecedented access to expedited, ongoing care for every
Manitowoc product they operate…24 hours-per-day, 365 days-per-year. And
it continues to provide that same level of care through the products’
lifecycle. For Total Lifecycle Support, maximum equipment utilization,
optimal profitability, and outstanding overall owner/operator value, no other
crane maker comes close to Manitowoc Crane Care. Manitowoc Crane Care is
a division of Manitowoc Cranes – parent company, The Manitowoc Company, Inc.
DISABLED / VETERAN