As a Machine
Operator with Manitowoc Cranes*, you will operate fabrication machines to
produce parts to blueprint specification, meeting production schedules and
company standards for quality and quantity.
Reporting directly to the Production Manager, this position is based in
If you’re up to the challenge, the
reward is satisfaction . . . and knowing you helped build something real. Join
our passionate team and help build something you can be proud of – a future
filled with passion, pride, and satisfaction.
- Read and follow process sheets, drawings andschematics to set up and operate machines.
- Use rule/level/miter or square to measureangles.
- Complete and maintain all required paperworkand ensure it follows parts.
- Operator small hand and power tools includinggrinders, cranes and hoists, powered hand truck and use precision measuringdevices.
- Perform daily inspections, operate and perform basicrigging and use chains and slings for a job hoist, overhead crane and batterymagnet.
- Perform random quality inspections to meet ISOstandards; inspect parts produced for non-conformance.
- Read and interpret dimensions, interpret a Billof Material (BOM) or component drawings and mini process sheets.
- Ensure parts and materials are properlyidentified.
- Consistently hold tolerances as specified onprints and drawings.
- Perform all start up, routing maintenanceprocedures and shut down processes for assigned machine(s).
- Other duties as determined by supervision.
- High School diploma or GED required. Formal training from an accredited vocationalor trade school preferred.
- Experiencewith CNC programming preferred with knowledge and experience operating thespecific make and model machining center where the vacancy exists; i.e.: manuallathe; plasmas pipe cutting machine.Must be able to call up programs and operate CNC controls.
- Mustbe able to obtain Company certification to *operate overhead cranes, job hoistsand industrial forklift. (*Operate is defined as the ability to produce partsto specification without the assistance of another operator)
- Mustbe able to read and interpret blueprints/machine drawings.
- Mustbe able to read standard measuring devices to the nearest .0312 (1/32”).
- Basicmath skills required; must be able to understand basic geometric dimensioningand tolerances.
- Basiccomputer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications preferred.
- Mustfollow all safety rules and procedures.
- Mustbe able to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
world’s most advanced crane service and support program, Manitowoc Crane Care
is divided into five key disciplines: Parts; Service and Technical Support;
Technical Publications; Training; and EnCORE, our branded rebuild, repair, remanufacture
and exchange program. Together, Manitowoc Crane Care promises crane
owners unprecedented access to expedited, ongoing care for every Manitowoc
product they operate…24 hours-per-day, 365 days-per-year. And it
continues to provide that same level of care through the products’
lifecycle. For Total Lifecycle Support, maximum equipment utilization,
optimal profitability, and outstanding overall owner/operator value, no other
crane maker comes close to Manitowoc Crane Care. Manitowoc Crane Care is
a division of Manitowoc Cranes – parent company, The Manitowoc Company, Inc.
DISABLED / VETERAN