Requisition Number: TECHN02475
Before Detailed Description
Every high-technology product from Yokogawa has to fulfill three basic criteria: Quality, Innovation, and Foresight. We are one of the world leaders in industrial automation and process optimization, test and measurement, information systems and industrial services. Besides being of high quality, innovative and advanced, our products are also safe and resilient. We develop, engineer, implement and maintain technology that requires highly trained, and skilled professionals to maintain and further develop our quality processes. With one of the most comprehensive families of sensors and on-line analyzers for pH, conductivity, dissolved oxygen, combustion oxygen, humidity, liquid and gas density and process gas chromatography, Yokogawa is recognized as a world leader in the field of analytical equipment.
Performs a variety of routine and complex integration tasks related to analytical systems and provides technical support on Yokogawa hardware and software. Responsible for delivering customer satisfaction through integration, design, and implementation of analyzer systems in accordance with customer requirements, accepted industry standards, and Yokogawa standards and procedures. Primary focus is on troubleshooting, repair, software enhancements, hardware enhancements, and modifications, including Instrumentation, sample systems, analyzers, and PLC systems. Gains knowledge and experience on the job.
Duties will involve in-depth knowledge of the analytical products to effectively support our customer base and provide solution for technical difficulties.
- Works closely with senior Technical support Engineer and technical support manager to acquire training and practical experience on the assigned line of products.
- Will work with customers in proportion to the acquisition of knowledge and experience.
- Will research problems for and with the Technical Support Engineers, conveying answers to customers when appropriate.
- Will acquire and maintain a current knowledge of technology and hardware applicable to the analytical line of products.
- Job duties may require travel on “field service” trips to customer sites to identify and resolve problems individually or as a team member.
- Duties will involve identifying and reporting potential quality problem in service or products to the TAC manager.
- A Technical Support Engineer will closely supervise all work and training for the initial agreed period of time. Review of progress will be done every two weeks. After the initial training period, progress will be monitored and reviewed by the TAC Supervisor monthly for the first year.
- Responsible for providing uncompromising quality to all work processes in designated area of responsibility.
- Will assist in identifying skill levels of field service and field engineering personnel and determining areas of required growth working with the TAC, Field Service, and Engineering Managers.
- Will assist in developing training programs for new hires and refresher training for existing personnel
- Shares responsibility for individual field service personnel utilization
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Relevant years of experience in instrumentation.
Must be team oriented and dedicated to total customer satisfaction.
Requires thorough and increasing product knowledge of all assigned products.
Must be responsible, professional, mature, well organized, able to work with limited supervision and adaptable to stress working conditions in order to maintain or exceed customer expectations and uphold YCA’s reputation for high integrity and industry leadership.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience in analytical products or instrumentation.
Travel: Must be willing to travel for job assignments, maintain a rapport with customer representatives, and be dedicated to quality, service, productivity, and customer satisfaction.