Service Manager - Baton Rouge, LA
H&E Equipment Services is one of the largest integrated equipment companies in the nation that provides the higher standard in equipment sales, rental, parts, and service. With locations across the United States, we pride ourselves on being an equipment company, run by equipment people. We leverage our national portfolio of equipment with a local approach to provide reliability, fair prices and the support of a first-class service team. Where others stop, we continue.
H&E Equipment Services is seeking a Service Manager.The Service Manager leads all service operations including customer relations, P&L budgeting for the department, training of all service employees, overseeing the service technicians' work area, prioritization of work orders and ensuring that all safety protocols are being followed.
- A minimum 3-5 years of experience in heavy equipment management or product support experience is required
- Must be people-oriented with the ability to build business relationships
- Exceptional customer service and organizational skills are required
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite, smartphones, and tablets
- The ability to lead and train all service technicians is necessary
- Aerial, Earthmoving, and Crane equipment knowledge is a plus
- A high school diploma or its equivalent is required
- Management and Vocational training is very beneficial
- 5 or more years of mechanical and supervisory experience within the construction or heavy equipment industry preferred
- Familiarity with scheduling and expediting the turnaround of a rental fleet will be beneficial
- Experience with Grove Cranes, Komatsu earthmoving equipment and Genie, JLG and GEHL brands
Searching for a solid, growth-oriented company that values its employees? Join H&E Equipment Services! We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits and a 401K retirement savings plan with company match.