Senior Data Architect
Baton Rouge, LA
Are you a Match? We have an immediate need for a professional with a mindset to help our customers solve business challenges through the use of technology. The ideal Sparkhound consultant is an individual who wants to be part of an energetic, innovative and successful team.
What you will do:
- Execute business intelligence and analytics projects for Sparkhound clients
- Create dashboards, reports, and spreadsheets that solve business problems.
- Function as a solution architect and create sales opportunities by leveraging client relationships
- Create data models that support Ad Hoc reporting and analysis.
- Design, test, and implement data integration software.
- Create Sparkhound intellectual property from scratch; revolutionize internal processes and Sparkhound offerings
- Design, test, and implement descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive studies.
- Understand our clients' businesses and the enterprise information systems that run them.
- Serve as clients' trusted partner
- Function as a hands-on data analyst with exceptional skills for manipulating data on a variety of platforms.
- Operate comfortably in the domains of exploratory analysis, data mining, hypothesis testing, and general statistical reasoning
- Understand and apply general business concepts including accounting, sales, marketing supply chain, performance management, operations management, etc.
- Be an expert on at least two platforms implemented by Sparkhound: the Microsoft Data Platform, SAP Business Objects, IBM Cognos, or Tableau.
- Assist coworkers in the completion of tasks and assignments. Actively supports teamwork throughout the organization.
- Serve as career and practice-level mentor across Sparkhound
- Assist the larger Sparkhound community to manage projects, test information systems, and implement solutions across all our lines of business.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4-year degree (or work experience equivalent)
- Data Warehouse Institute “Certified Business Intelligence Professional“ credential preferred
- MBA Required
- 10+ years of experience with business intelligence and analytics technologies in at least one of the following four areas: business analysis, enterprise data warehousing, business intelligence, and predictive analytics.
- Expert analysis skills backed by experience with big data, cloud computing, ERP systems, and modern business intelligence and data visualization tools.
- Experience executing and managing projects.
- Expert knowledge of descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics techniques and algorithms.
- Expert knowledge of common information systems, metrics, and reports for Financial, Workforce, Sales & Marketing business functions.
- Expert knowledge of common business modeling problems including: customer/employee retention, upsell/cross sell, risk management, collections management, fraud detection, etc.
- Able to create a budget plan, account balance, exception, and other common report types.
- Expert understanding of dashboarding, mashups, pivot tables, and lists, bar graphs,
line graphs, box and whisker plots, tree maps, scatterplots, histograms, Pareto
charts, control charts, small multiples, sparklines, and when such
visualizations should be used.
- Must have a proven track record of implementing at least one of the following: SAP Business Objects, Oracle Hyperion, IBM Cognos, Insight, Microsoft Excel Services, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau or DOMO.
- Expert understanding of relational, dimensional, and entity modeling techniques
including Kimball data warehousing and willingness to develop expertise.
- Proven ability to interpret and query relational databases, data warehouses, OLAP cubes, and Microsoft tabular models.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Perks that will knock your socks off:
- Competitive compensation
- Dynamic career development and advancement opportunities
- Flexible Work Schedule and Environment
- Customizable Medical, Dental, Vision plans to meet your needs
- Pet Insurance for your furry (or scaly)family member
- Holidays and Your Birthday Off
- 401(K) plans with company match
- Company Laptop
- Student Loan Refinancing
- Gym memberships
- Supportive company culture
- Relaxed business attire
- Quarterly events
Sparkhound Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected characteristics.