AppleGate Recovery, a division of BayMark Health Services, is a multi-site, multi-service organization providing opioid use disorder treatment and rehabilitation for patients across the country. Providing high-quality, patient-centered treatment for addiction to prescription medications and other opioids remains the focus of AppleGate’s clinics. Combining evidence-based, medication assisted treatment with counseling and behavioral services, AppleGate offers the most successful option for many patients.
AppleGate leadership remains actively involved in the opioid use disorder treatment community, working tirelessly to improve state and federal regulations by educating policy makers about the benefits of evidence-based treatments such as methadone and buprenorphine therapy.
Title: Part Time Substance Abuse Counselor
Location: Thibodaux, LA
Schedule: Mon – Fri 9am to 5pm
Primary Job Function:
Provide treatment and casework services to patient as directed by the supervisor in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and with BayMark’s policies and procedures. Provide timely documentation of patient services based on plan of care. Identify other physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs for assigned patients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare and maintain accurate and timely patient files.
- Coordinate care of assigned patients, present patient status and concerns with treatment team accordingly.
- Conducts comprehensive patient assessments, the development and implementation of patient treatment plans according to applicable state regulations.
- Provide clinical services, patient care & education and opiate use disorder counseling services to patients.
- Conduct individual and group counseling sessions.
Qualifications | Education | Certifications:
- LPC, LCSW or LMFT required
- Must have or obtain current certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Experience working with opiate addicted population.
- Skilled in conducting assessments, utilization of screening criteria for appropriate patient placement, treatment plan development and implementation, service coordination, and crisis intervention
- Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent documentation and computer skills required.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Excellent growth and development opportunities through our counselor career path
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals’ life
What to expect from us:
Applegate a progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
Applegate is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.