Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, and we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. At Cox, we are committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection, not only with our products and services, but also with our career opportunities. Come connect with us, and lets build a better future together.
The Outsource Partner Quality Assurance Manager – Inventory & Material Management for Supply Chain is a primary business partner to the OSPC (Outside Plant Construction) leadership team and is responsible for monitoring internal operating controls, processes and practices of contractor managed inventory provided by Cox Communications. Responsible in certifying contractor partners comply with Cox standards and practices for consistent managing of Cox provided materials within the contractor inventory. Communicates and recommends changes and enhancements to existing policies and controls to ensure they are current, adequate, functional and utilized in accordance with company governance requirements. This individual is accountable to perform full physical/cycle counts of contractor inventory organizations, provide reports of these audit results and findings/recommendations to manager for follow up with OSP (Outside Plant), Contractor and Supply Chain. Individual will provide CMAC (Contractor Mobility Application for Construction) - Mobile Application training to OSPC and Contractor and be primary interface for functional questions and interactions enabling SCM (Supply Chain Management) technology for the region. Individual will interface with local AFC (Area Fulfillment Center) operations team for collaboration on flow of materials to contractor and identify opportunities to improve. Responsible to work with Supply Chain Planner on material issues and needs. This position involves a high level of interaction and coordination with a variety of other departments and business functions. Works as a member of the cross-functional team to execute on defined deliverables and drives key decisions impacting the success of the NT2.0 Project with an estimated annual Capex Materials Spend averaging $350 million. Individual may work an occasional Saturday or evening hours as an exception when required.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Provides guidance to OSPC and contractors on all SCM related policies, procedures and processes to ensure optimal inventory levels set by Planning
- Conducts full Physical Inventory/Cycle Count audits of CCI provided Contractor Managed Inventory (CMI) on a regional/national location basis
- Will assist with the identification of excess materials and disposal or transfer between field locations.
- Compiles and prepares regional level reporting of SCM key metrics and in-depth analysis of data and trends to facilitate decision making.
- Assists in the development of supply chain strategy and implementation plan that enables competitive advantage.
- Assists in the administration of SCM projects and develops business relationships with other departments to ensure successful implementation of CMI/CMAC
- Facilitates the sharing of Enterprise best practices among field locations.
- Provides process and functional knowledge for business requirement changes in Oracle SCM Applications (INV, iPRoc & OM).
- Represents SCM on Cross Functional Teams and occasionally assumes lead role.
- Develops and present status /results to SCM management
- Performs other SCM related duties as assigned.
- Leads the On-boarding of contractors to the CMI program, conducts training of contractor on Cox inventory control policies & procedures and utilization of Cox provided mobile inventory management tool (CMAC) and ability to assess contractor materials handling capabilities
- Provide oversight of contractor inventory and deliver high quality audits and assurance service, including audit procedures, material handling and material tracking
- Document and distribute audit results to manager for communication to responsible parties including OSPC, Contractors, Planning, AFC Management, and others as defined
- Regularly assesses and Identifies root cause and proposes corrective action plans around contractor inventory performance related issues
- Works closely with a team of up to 12 CMI peers responsible for project activities within or across various regions/functional areas
- Maintain highest technical and professional standards
- Meets routinely with business partners and contractors to maximize relationships, drive key decisions and ensure timely project completion
- Provides support and advises fellow auditors on administrative policies and procedures, priorities and methods.
- Addresses situation before they become crisis and develops solutions to prevent recurrence
- Responsible for facilitating meetings and presentations to OSPC, Contractors and Supply Chain partners
- Coordinate with management to take necessary action on audit/findings
- Integrate best practices and systems into the audit program
Partnership and Collaboration
- Participates with other leaders in developing system/corporate policies.
- Partners with regional OSP Construction (OSPC) leadership and teams to define program strategy, deliverables and tactics.
- Works across OSPC and 3rd party contractor leadership & key personnel to ensure alignment in both strategy and deployments of key deliverables and quickly resolves issues that arise
- Works with boundary partners on tools and deliverables in support of OSPC Performance Optimization programs related to Reporting and inventory variance resolution
- 7 or more years of experience required in related field (i.e. Supply Chain, audit control experience)
- 5 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and iGrafx tools.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, presentation, project management and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization in remote regions.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Supply Chain, audit control experience)
- 2 or more years of experience in a management role or leading cross functional projects preferred
- Experience in telecommunications industry, internal and/or external audit experience, ideally with exposure to financial services and impact desired
- Process Improvement Experience (i.e. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and Black Belt Certification or in-process)